801 N Xanthus Tulsa Oklahoma 74110-4949
We’re Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
The Manufacturing Engineer manages the development of manufacturing processes, facilities and equipment maintenance, facilities design, utilities, and construction for a large manufacturing plant. This position is accountable for the manufacturing processes and methods of production of various products. The position is responsible for moderately complex engineering projects from design to implementation in accordance with the company’s policies. Serves as a consultant to others, providing technical information and engineering recommendations that assist with various projects and training purposes. The position requires the ability to plan and apply the practices of manufacturing; to research and develop the tools, processes, machines, and equipment; and to integrate the facilities and systems for producing quality products with optimal expenditure and an emphasis on continuous improvement and cost reduction.
- Maintain and develop detailed routing sheets which specify operational sequences, establish bills of materials, cost centers, tooling, gages, machines, feeds and speeds, etc.
- Provide technical support for manufacturing activities including plant layout, process mapping, engineering calculations, and maintenance projects
- Conduct machine and equipment investigations including preparation of justification for new equipment or alternate processes
- Design and implement tooling or machines to support or improve manufacturing processes
- Promote and participate proactively in the direction and development of Lean projects and activities
- Establish process work instructions for various production machines
- Assist Manufacturing to improve productivity, efficiency, and quality and participate in on-going cost reduction programs
- Establish and maintain schedules for completing approved projects
- Develop and coordinate material handling methods and devices to facilitate the processing of both finished products and raw materials
- Develop and provide support on reports and forms containing all data to measure manufacturing performance to plan
- Provide and maintain Quality Assurance programs at the site to reduce scrap and rejects
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in manufacturing process technology and make recommendations when applicable
- Provide and obtain sources of and cost estimates for various farm-out activities as required
- Assist manufacturing departments by providing necessary engineering data involving ergonomic issues or other safety concerns
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Valmont Safety Mission Statement and Divisional Safety Objectives
- Maintain and demonstrate knowledge of safety regulations for industry
- Apply Valmont safety guidelines to projects and job design to meet ergonomics standards
- Assist in further development of TPM, PM, and SMED
- Directs and trains Engineers, Tool & Die, Maintenance, and Production personnel as needed on projects and other routine tasks
- This position reports to the Site Manufacturing Engineering Manager and has no direct reports
- This role requires up to 5% travel (internationally/domestically), including overnight stays
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or related field
- Strong oral and written communication skills to clearly and concisely present information to management
- Work effectively alone and as a member of a team within various functional areas of the division
- Demonstrated accuracy in working with information in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to analyze, develop, evaluate and weigh alternatives, as well as coordinate the implementation of the solution
- A background with Lean methodology
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or one of the related Sciences is preferred
- 3+ years of work experience in a manufacturing/industrial engineering position is preferred
- Working knowledge in the following areas is preferred:
- Microsoft office Excel, Word, Access and Outlook
- ECN process
- Cost elimination of material and manufacturing processes
- Sawing metals and saws
- CNC fabrication equipment
- Welding processes, GMAW of steel and stainless steel
- Machining conventional, steel, cast iron and aluminum
- Machining gears
- Electro/Mechanical assembly
- Material handling equipment, overhead cranes, forklifts
- Shipping methods
- Warehouse management
- Product finishing processes: painting, galvanizing, plating, and other protective finishes.
- PLC troubleshooting and programming
- Tool design of machining jigs and fixtures
- Design of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, machines and test equipment
- Lean principles, utilizing and applying for, 5 S, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, Six Sigma, Standardized Work.
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Normal office environment makes up approximately 65% of the job while around 35% of the work is located out in the storage, shipping and production areas of the manufacturing site. When working in the production areas the employee will be subjected to welding smoke, noise, seasonal temperature changes, dirt, oil, coolant, and many other conditions found in a production environment. Working extended hours may be required to meet the demands of the business (e.g., support for production, troubleshooting, meeting project deadlines). Approximately 5% of the time is related to travel which can include both domestic and international trips.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.