The manufacturing engineer is responsible for assisting and leading in the design, development and maintenance of our assembly and manufacturing equipment and tools. Responsibilities also include the development of required manufacturing processes.
Current production processes include the in-house design and production of machines and test equipment utilizing off-the shelf components and PLC’s to interface with sensors and to control actuators.
The Company fosters an extremely dynamic work environment which requires this candidate to have a high mechanical and electrical aptitude and demonstrate very strong interpersonal skills.
Control Devices, LLC (“Control Devices” or “CD”) is a leading designer & manufacturer of high-quality flow control valves, condensate removal traps, related components & accessories serving the compressed air, pressure washer, vehicle systems, fire protection, specialty gas, & the industrial, agricultural & food service float valve markets. CD prides itself in the ability to design, innovate & manufacture flow control valves for custom applications & offers a line of standard products that has grown over the years. CD is based in Saint Louis, MO & its products are sold on a global basis to O.E.M’s, Distributors & End Users.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
Manufacturing Engineering Services * Design, build and maintain assembly and test machines.
- Identify appropriate machines for manufactured components
- Specifies tooling required to machine parts.
- Provides part production cost estimates / quotes.
- Helps develop strategy to resolve manufacturing problems.
- Promotes a positive, innovative culture and workplace.
- Supports capital investment decisions / projects.
- Works with other functional groups and product engineering to ensure successful problem solving and project completion.
- Develops best practices for “lean” manufacturing and cost reduction initiatives.
- Assists Product Engineering in DFM, DFA, FMEA.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: * BS in Manufacturing Engineering, BS in Industrial Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
DESIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND TRAITS: * Solidworks CAD, CAD/CAM, Microsoft Office
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Possess a hands-on style with strong mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Processes
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.adeccousa.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records