The Manufacturing Engineer develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. This position also recommends and implements improvements to current production processes, machines, tooling and controls. Success in this position is determined by the improvements implemented in safety, quality, efficiency, and delivery .
- Analyze current processes; develop and execute improvements to quality, cost, and delivery
- Benchmark industry standards to determine where improvements can be made and provide a competitive advantage
- Design and source tooling and fixtures
- Utilize knowledge of product design, materials and components, machining and fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, quality control, and safety standards
- Teach manufacturing concepts to operators and technicians
- Determine and implement proper gauging methods
- Conduct process capability studies, gage studies, and equipment utilization studies as required
- Participate in corrective action projects
- Define machinery and tooling needed to support new product requirements
- Ensure manufacturing practices align with customer and product requirements
- Identify burden material specifications
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of departmental budgets
- Plan, prioritize, justify, and execute capital plans
- Support internal APQP process through all phases of new product introduction
- Understand and utilize Hazardous Material and Waste Management principles and regulations
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Industrial Management, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Professional experience in engineering preferred
- Demonstrated experience with Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing principles required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Technical writing experience preferred
Springfield ReManufacturing Corp. is an employee-owned company that remanufactures engines and components for customers in the agricultural, industrial, construction, and truck markets. As an employee-owned company our associates take pride in their reputation as businesspeople who understand how they can impact our bottom line. Our goal is to improve business results and the lives of the people who drive those results: our associates!
- Exceptional health benefits
- Vacation and Holiday pay
- 5% 401(k) Match
- Quarterly Bonus program
- Training and Advancement
- 100% Employee-Owned
- Outstanding Company Culture
- 100% Tuition Reimbursement
Location:4727 E Kearney St, Springfield, MO, 65803
Springfield ReManufacturing Corp. (SRC)