**This position is a temporary 8-month co-op assignment from January 2024-August 2024. Only students currently attending college or university will be considered.**
AS A MANUFACTURING ENGINEER–TOOL DESIGN CO-OP, YOU WILL …
- Design sophisticated Tooling, Jigs, Fixtures, Gauging, and Facilities Equipment utilizing 3D CAD package for the design work. Involves analyzing requirements and design items to accomplish desired purpose with safety in mind. Build and maintain bill of materials (BOM) for fixtures. Lead the project through successful start-up.
- Work with Product Engineering and others on new product design projects with respect to the DFM concepts, GD&T application, and factory manufacturing capabilities.
- Resolve specifications and initiate the purchase of materials and components in support of tool design requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining design records and the tool design database that contains tooling engineering drawings.
- Work closely with the manufacturing personnel on the shop floor as needed to successfully execute projects.
- Investigate manufacturing problems to specify root cause using an appropriate structured methodology. Take appropriate actions given the results.
- Assist in streamlining the connection between Engineering CAD and Manufacturing CAM. Including development and support of CAD/CAM tools for CNC programmers.
- Support Tool Room and Outside Shops during fabrication of project components.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Major(s): Agricultural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Technology, Quality Engineering, or similar field.
- Minimum year in school: Junior
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment
PREFFERED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Knowledge and application of functional gauging and measuring instruments.
- Understands material properties and behavior, and stress-strain analysis to supplement FEA via SolidWorks or ANSYS.
- Knowledge of manufacturing process capabilities.
- Strong skills in Word, Excel, and Access.
- CAD skills using SolidWorks.
- CAM skills using EdgeCAM or Siemens NX CAM.
- Problem solving skills with structured methods.
- Verbal and written technical communication skills.
At Emerson’s Marshalltown location we offer GREAT benefits to our co-ops:
- Competitive salaries
- FULL Holiday pay
- Corporate apartment options
- Insurance options
- A formal co-op program focused on growing students’ experience in organizational knowledge and diversity, teamwork & leadership development, professional development, and corporate citizenship.
AND MUCH MORE!
Our Commitment to Our People
At Emerson, we are motivated by a spirit of collaboration that helps our diverse, multicultural teams across the world drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. And we want you to join us in our bold aspiration.
We have built an engaged community of inquisitive, dedicated people who thrive knowing they are welcomed, trusted, celebrated, and empowered to solve the world’s most complex problems – for our customers, our communities, and the planet. You’ll contribute to this vital work while further developing your skills through our award-winning employee development programs. We are a proud corporate citizen in every city where we operate and are committed to our people, our communities, and the world at large. We take this responsibility seriously and strive to make a positive impact through every endeavor.
At Emerson, you’ll see firsthand that our people are at the center of everything we do. So, let’s go. Let’s think differently. Learn, collaborate, and grow. Seek opportunity. Push boundaries. Be empowered to make things better. Speed up to break through. Let’s go, together.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1(including those with OPT or CPT) , H-1, H-2, L-1, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Accessibility Assistance or Accommodation
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: .
Emerson is a global leader in automation technology and software. Through our deep domain expertise and legacy of flawless execution, Emerson helps customers in critical industries like life sciences, energy, power and renewables, chemical and advanced factory automation operate more sustainably while improving productivity, energy security and reliability.
With global operations and a comprehensive portfolio of software and technology, we are helping companies implement digital transformation to measurably improve their operations, conserve valuable resources and enhance their safety.
We offer equitable opportunities, celebrate diversity, and embrace challenges with confidence that, together, we can make an impact across a broad spectrum of countries and industries. Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring possibilities, or a recent graduate with an advanced degree, you’ll find your chance to make a difference with Emerson. Join our team – let’s go!
No calls or agencies please.