Location and Job Title:
Jewish Community Center of the East Bay
1414 Walnut St
Berkeley, CA 94709
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Rachel Cohen, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Marketing Manager reports to the Chief Executive Officer and will produce multiple weekly email newsletters; communicate across all departments; design, write, and edit marketing collateral; manage website and social media; and help support the overall JCC brand. The ideal candidate is a creative, efficient, strategic problem solver with fantastic interpersonal, organizational, and customer-service skills.
- Develop and manage the JCC East Bay’s social media. Implement tactics to increase the number of followers, deepen engagement, and drive increased traffic to the website.
- Participate in annual budget development, and develop annual marketing plan.
- Promote JCC East Bay events through online community calendars, social media outlets, with community partners, and manage the distribution of print and digital collateral.
- Elevate the JCC East Bay brand through a deep understanding of its audience.
- Design, direct, and execute comprehensive, innovative brand marketing and communication strategies that increase program growth and revenue.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to ensure that the brand is consistently and accurately represented at all community and member touch points.
- Maintain and develop relationships with other organizations and partners for outreach and cross-promotion.
- Manage website to ensure information is always current, accurate, relevant, and compelling.
- Produce and/or edit high-quality weekly email newsletters for school-aged programs and the general community, and evaluate their performance.
- Develop the organization’s marketing calendar of both internal and external communications, events, and marketing projects.
- Create print and digital materials for programs and events using established style guide.
- When needed, manage outside vendors for larger projects (printer, mail house, web developer, designer, photographer, etc.).
- Support development communications for printing/mailing, online, and social media.
- Develop evaluation tools and metrics to assess the effectiveness of current tools and methods, and identify areas for improvement.
- Attend JCC programs and events to deepen understanding of programs, services, and audience.
- Maintain effective working relationships with staff, participants, and donors.
- Other duties as determined by the CEO.
The salary range for this position is $55,000 – $65,000 annually. Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, vacation, sick pay, and holidays (including Jewish).
The JCC East Bay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to employment equity throughout all levels of the organization. JCC East Bay policy prohibits unlawful discrimination in accordance with federal, state, and local laws. The JCC East Bay complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require particular accommodations during the application and interview process, please inform us of your needs so that we can provide accordingly.
Systemic inequities in hiring have caused women, people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, and others to apply to jobs only if they meet all of the qualifications. The JCC East Bay encourages you to apply anyway, as no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
The JCC East Bay requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and applicants are required to submit proof of vaccination prior to beginning employment. (As of January 31, 2022, the definition of fully vaccinated includes a booster shot.) In accordance with the law, the JCC East Bay will accommodate employees who cannot be administered the COVID-19 vaccine for medical/disability or religious reasons if to do so is not an undue hardship.
- 2+ years of professional marketing experience.
- Ability to perform at a high level in a fast-paced team environment, and manage multiple projects to meet timelines and deadlines.
- Proactive and process-oriented behavior with leadership and consensus building skills.
- Experience developing metrics to measure the effectiveness of marketing initiatives.
- Understanding of effective digital content (SEO, online ads, etc.), including knowledge of google analytics.
- Experience with e-mail marketing platforms such as Constant Contact and WordPress web platform.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products, experience with Adobe Illustrator, In Design, Photoshop, and Canva strongly desired.
- Photography and video skills are a plus.
- Experience working in a nonprofit and/or educational institution.
- Commitment to the mission of the JCC East Bay and knowledge of the Jewish community, values, and traditions.
- Proven ability to set/manage timelines and goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to motivate small but mighty teams.
- Available for evening and/or weekend programs and meetings as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
$55,000 – $65,000
The JCC East Bay is a welcoming home for people of all ages and life stages. Our mission is to create healthy communities inspired by Jewish values, culture, and tradition. We build interpersonal relationships, foster learning and inspiration, and explore Jewish life. The JCC’s core programs include intergenerational Jewish holiday celebrations; early childhood education and preschool; camp and afterschool programs; and provocative cultural arts and civic engagement events. The JCC serves and reflects the diverse residents of the East Bay, offering physical and virtual gathering spaces for the Jewish and broader community.
JCC Association of North America