$80,000-103,450 per year
Mechanical Design Engineer
About the company:
Major established and global brand name company with a good working culture that empowers you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Their associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen – share their vision and grow with them.
About the team:
This opening which is a Mechanical Design Engineer is for the company’s Product Engineering Team. Product Engineers provide design solutions for production, field service, new product development, and cost reduction activities. Part of this position will include hands-on work with production, testing lab parts, and assemblies to investigate and provide resolutions upon review of the actual issue.
About the position:
Competent in all conventional aspects of subject matter or functional area of assignments. Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity to complete projects. Some latitude for independent, unreviewed action exists. Will work under supervision for non-routine tasks. Requires minimum supervision for routine tasks. May have project management responsibility for small projects or subsets of large projects. Position includes design engineering for resolving production and/or field issues, cost reduction projects, new product development, and project management responsibility for small projects or subsets of large projects. Most of the design work involves sheet metal. There is much variety to this role. There is an attractive relocation package available as well. The position location is southeast Iowa.
- Engineering analysis and/or design of various basic to complex vehicle systems utilizing traditional engineering techniques such as design, analysis, calculation, test and evaluation.
- Responsible for the completion of assigned projects within area(s) of specialization.
- Receives general instruction on assignment objectives, complex features, and possible solutions. Works independently to make adaptations and modifications.
- The employee keeps the supervisor informed of progress, changes, priorities, and project cost/schedule status
- Sheet metal design, electrical / mechanical component design, and hydraulics design are preferred.
- Mechanical design experience involving agriculture equipment or off the road equipment is desired.
- Mechanical design involving integration is preferred
About the schedule:
This position is 1st shift
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, required and a Agricultural Engineering Degree will also be considered. Possibly will consider a Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering Technology as well.
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience required and possibly less
- Project management experience and experience with 3D computer design software is required with a preference for experience using CREO experience managing small projects required
- Has the ability to plan, organize and carry out technical activities
- Effective written and oral communication skills
About the total compensation package:
Salary – Salaries ranging from $80,000 – $103,450 per year depending on experience with a profit sharing plan averaging in the 5-7% range over a number of years
Benefits – The company values a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and works tirelessly to make sure their package meets the needs of their employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program