Module Lead Engineer – Large Square Balers
AGCO’s global Engineering team is on a mission to develop innovative, high-tech solutions for our growers. Currently, the engineering team has an immediate opening for a Lead Module Engineer for Large Square Balers. As a global module lead, you will be responsible for providing leadership and developing the global direction of the Large Square Balers in collaboration with various global stakeholders. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the design team of the Green Harvesting Large Square Balers. This individual must be able to operate with a high degree of independence while interfacing with the global engineering design teams. This position will report to the Engineering Director-Green Harvesting (PLE). Some of the desired capabilities for the person filling this role are:
- Job Responsibilities
- Fully leads the definition of the module’s strategy and documents it in the related module book.
- Proactively identifies complexity reduction opportunities and drives to maximize re-use of components/systems and associated volume effects.
- Leads the alignment with Platform Lead Engineers to define appropriate vehicle architectures aimed at maximizing the re-use of components/systems.
- Ensures module efficiency gains cross-sites, through the re-use of components and systems and reduction of one-time development costs.
- Builds a global design team, creating a working environment that drives cross-functional collaboration, engagement, and contribution.
- Proactively monitors all legislation and compliance requirements that could impact the module perimeter and establish a plan to address them.
- Proactively maintain a technology radar and related technology roadmaps, in conjunction with the R&AE team.
- Leads the definition and kick-off of all major NPI projects, within the module’s scope.
- Tracks the implementation of the strategy via appropriate governance and reporting. In case of deviations, implements required actions and/or escalate as needed.
- Budget responsibility of assigned cost center in conjunction with the Platform Lead Engineer (PLE).
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Ability to lead and function within a high-output team
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional and global teams to align on common validation approaches
- Strong ability to make work visible required for cross functional team.
- Ability to address and resolve complex issues with an objective, fact-based and professional approach.
- Proven track record to build trust with stakeholders and lead by influence.
- Strong ability to work successfully in multi-national teams.
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Mechatronics or Agricultural Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years of experience working in Engineering or related field.
- Half of these years of experience should be within the specific module domain.
- Experience leading directly or by influence in a matrix environment.
- Have a high degree of understanding of ag machinery, development and customer needs
- Experience in Leadership, Management and coaching skills
- Experience managing and leading Engineering processes
- Experience in managing multiple priorities at one time
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Hesston, KS
- Willingness to travel as required.
- International and Regional Travel