re you a Software Developer with demonstrated experience to perform software engineering functions for Aircraft or Weapons Systems? Are you looking to engage in supporting innovations to software engineering practices across the NAVAIR community? Then come aboard AMERICAN SYSTEMS as our next Software Developer!
As a Senior Software Developer you will:
- Support a National Priority Program where no two days will be the same
- Work with the latest, cutting edge technology
- Provide creative solutions to complex problems
- Work with a team of driven, supportive and highly skilled professionals.
- Receive a robust benefits package that includes our
A week in the life of a Software Developer:
- Develop, modify, and enhance source and object (executable) code.
- Develop computer and network software or specialized utility programs.
- Support Agile and Dev/Ops implementation activities; collaborate between self-organizing cross-functional teams.
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions,
- Update software or enhance existing software capabilities.
- Use development tools to update tasks and stories, check-in, and version control
- Create Software Developer Kits (SDK) and documentation
- Provide detailed software specifications and designs
- Perform software and system integration and testing functions
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day.
- Forbes National Best Midsize Companies
- Energage National Best Workplaces, National
- Washington Post Best Workplaces,
Veteran Hiring Awards:
- U.S. Department of Labor HIRE Vets Gold Medallion
- BEST FOR VETS: EMPLOYER by Military Times
- TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY EMPLOYER by MilitaryFriendly.com
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance. US Citizenship required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or Computer Engineering from a college program with ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc.) certification.
- At least two (2) years of software development experience, performing software coding, software integration and software testing.
- Knowledge of software development principles, theories, and concepts and ability to contribute to the development of new and innovative principles and concepts.
EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation or EEO M/W/D/V/GI/SO