Operations: Manufacturing, Production, Maintenance, Utilities
OT Systems Engineer III-Decatur, IL
This is a full-time, exempt position.
As a key member of the Operations Technology team, you will be responsible for advancing the capabilities and uses of server infrastructure within the ADM OT/Automation environment.
You will work closely with other engineers who have specialized skills while cross-training within ADM’s core technologies.
- Create innovative systems engineering solutions and designs within defined standards and architectures, ensuring that designs work holistically within larger solutions.
- Create build instructions for engineering designs and support operations teams during implementation.
- Undertake requirements analysis of incoming requests ensuring deliverables are clearly understood and agreed with stakeholders.
- Proactively seek out opportunities for continuous improvement of systems and processes and propose improvement activities.
- Actively develop automation engineering solutions, identifying where automation should be used, and working with operations teams to implement solutions.
- Create standardized processes and delivery methods to fulfil incoming demand.
- Incorporate security-by-design into all solutions, ensuring that security requirements are considered concurrently with technical requirements.
- Work closely with GT and Automation leads as an escalation point, providing SME support to operations teams, assisting with P1/P2 incident resolution.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors when appropriate to create engineering solutions and continuous improvement proposals.
- Carry out continuous personal development, ensuring technical skills are kept up to date and non-technical skills are gained and improved.
- Develop a base cross functional technical knowledge allowing holistic thinking during design processes.
- Provide boots on the ground support for ADM plants – limited PC/end user support, AD administration, application upgrades/break fix, etc.
- B.S. Degree in engineering or computer science field
- Minimum of 7+ years’ experience
- Expert knowledge of Windows Sever based infrastructure services such as Hyper-V, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, File Services, and Print Services
- Experience of working as a technology generalist with a high-level understanding of end-to-end solutions including infrastructure, applications, databases, networking, and security
- Advanced knowledge of VMWare Cloud Foundation products, including vSphere, vSAN, vCenter
- Expert knowledge of the MS Windows Server Operating System
- Extensive experience creating holistic engineering solutions comprising multiple elements, including:
- Integrations between segregated network zones such as OT, iDMZ/DMZ, IT
- Cloud and middleware capabilities
- Experience in providing systems engineering expertise in support of incident and request resolution
- Ability to create low level implementation and build documentation
- Thorough understanding of system and virtualization security principles and technologies
- Experience in supporting plant operations and 24/7 operating requirements
- Technical experience with Process automation systems, including Rockwell, Emerson or Novatech, would be considered a valuable skill but not a requirement for this position.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.
ADM unlocks the power of nature to enrich the quality of life. We’re a premier global human and animal nutrition company, delivering solutions today with an eye to the future. We’re blazing new trails in health and well-being as our scientists develop groundbreaking products to support healthier living. We’re a cutting-edge innovator leading the way to a new future of plant-based consumer and industrial solutions to replace petroleum-based products. We’re an unmatched agricultural supply chain manager and processor, providing food security by connecting local needs with global capabilities. And we’re a leader in sustainability, scaling across entire value chains to help decarbonize our industry and safeguard our planet. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional and sustainability challenges of today and tomorrow. Learn more at www.adm.com.