Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience has an opportunity for a Principal Agricultural Application Technology Engineer.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Partnering with the Application Technology R&D Group Leader within Product Science and Technology R&D on developing and executing technology and capability strategies for the group, which will target efficient and effective development of Crop Protection Products that meet and exceed grower expectations across multiple markets.
- Partnering with marketing, commercial, regulatory, field biology, equipment manufacturers, and industry/academic consultants to understand current and emerging regional agricultural practices (initial focus on UAV) and incorporate them into product and technology development strategy.
- Leading product development projects in one or more crop protection portfolios by partnering with formulation scientists and provides input in the design and development of new formulations to ensure the product meets or exceeds the customer’s handling and application needs in the desired crop market.
- Scientific mentorship of team members to ensure application testing is robust for each product concept in development.
- Leading efforts to develop new testing equipment and methodologies as well as standardizing and institutionalizing application testing best practices to ensure product development consistency across global labs.
- Consulting and connecting with emerging technology projects across Corteva that impact Crop Protection application for awareness and influence.
- Participation in key technical & professional organizations and symposia targeted at creating leadership positions and driving strategy.
- Contributing to Application Technology team goals for product development and program plan execution and engagement.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- M.S. or PhD in Agricultural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Agriculture, Plant Science, Chemical Engineering or related field and 10+ years industry experience.
- Extensive knowledge of crop protection product development and agricultural application practices is required.
- Demonstrated strength in building and implementing innovation and technology development strategies.
- Skilled at stakeholder management and organizational agility to build support for technical strategies
- Proven leadership in the commercial introduction of new technologies into the marketplace, including ability to build strong relationships with customers and commercial teams.
- Demonstrated ability and passion in working collaboratively with global and cross-functional teams, including R&D, commercial, and regulatory components.
- Demonstrated ability to energize teams and mentor scientists.
- Strong business acumen is a requirement
- Excellent communication skills
- A proven track record of original research contributions, including development of intellectual property and experience in publishing and presenting technical papers in scientific journals and at professional symposia is important.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
-Strike a better worklife balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
-Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
-Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!