Sirius Staffing is currently seeking a Process Design engineer for a long-term opportunity in Newark, DE. This position works Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30p. Details below:
This role requires chemical engineering and organic chemistry knowledge, as well as work experience in process development, costing and design. The successful candidate will review laboratory-based program results to develop commercial manufacturing processes as part of a cross-functional team of process chemists, analytical chemists and engineers. The successful candidate will also work with 3rd party Contract Research Organizations (CRO) pilot campaigns to extract engineering learnings to be used in future commercial manufacturing designs. The role will create evergreen technical transfer documents, flowsheets, and ASPEN+ models through all phases of process development.
Responsibilities of the role include: * Develop process concepts and cost analyses for chemical synthetic routes/manufacturing processes.
- Passion to bridging the gap between lab scale and production scale.
- Creativity to envision full scale challenges and possibilities from a lab experiment.
- Creativity to generate a theoretical plant setup (process sketches, plant capacity estimates, equipment list etc.) to produce a reaction step based on lab SOP and a mass balance to generate an initial CAPEX project estimate. Incorporate existing internal and external manufacturing assets when possible.
- Scientific curiosity: Interest in new technologies and analyze how/if these could be used at production scale.
- Develop basic to detailed equipment design data, define operating conditions and critical limits for the commercial process through scale-up and modeling of unit operations.
- Effectively document and transfer technology and know-how for the design, construction, and operation of commercial facilities.
- Strong experience in Process Safety management (PSM), HoC, ISD.
- Minimum BS Degree Chemical Engineering; M.S. / Ph.D. preferred
- Minimum 5-10 years R&D/process development experience in pharmaceutical, agricultural, fine or specialty chemicals industry required.
- Manufacturing or scale-up experience required.
- Expertise in separations and reaction technologies.
- Expertise in cost models and process simulator modeling (ASPEN+, others).
- Experience in CAPEX projects in the chemical process industry.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively communicate technical and non-technical information with global internal and external partners required.
- Sharing nature, willing to help a colleague shine. Challenging and respectful towards colleagues in R&D. Become a person that colleagues want to discuss their project with.
- Expertise in process safety management, reactive/thermal hazards evaluation and regulatory ideal.
- Flexible work schedules to accommodate different geographies required.
- Travel may be required (less than 10%).
Sirius Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.