Actalent Services is supporting one of the leading agricultural companies in the country for crop safety. We are looking to hire a Process Engineer who will lead in process improvement projects year over year.
- Perform process evaluations in response to challenges or opportunities faced by the business including Health/Safety/Environmental (HSE), efficiency, expansion and sustenance type projects. Incumbent will provide mass and energy balances, physical properties calculations, process simulations, unit operations design and scale-up for new and improved chemical and/or formulation processes, evaluation of candidate processes/routes, and general chemical / formulation plant process design.
- Provide front end process designs to enable detailed project design. Assist the project team in identifying process risks, scale-up concerns and uncertainty in the process area.
- Provide functional design activities for equipment sizing/design, construction support, and facility commissioning.
- Perform initial or revalidation Pressure Safety Valve (PSV) evaluation and sizing including identification of applicable sizing cases and the controlling case.
- Provide Process Risk Assessment (PRA) assistance for the NAFTA region as needed to support capital projects in the region. Resolve process questions during hazard studies, detailed mechanical design, and start-up of new or modified plants.
- Provide innovative and cost effective alternate design solutions through networking and optimal use of internal and external resources and vendors.
- Perform process evaluations in response to challenges or opportunities faced by the business. Must develop innovative solutions to improve the safety, efficiency, or expand the capacity of an existing process or lead the process design effort on a new active ingredient or formulation.
- Provide front end process designs, process descriptions/scope definitions, equipment specifications, and other process data necessary to enable detailed project design. Drive process design solutions and ensure safe, economical and reliable operation of the completed plant.
- Provide innovative and cost effective design solutions through networking and optimal use of internal and external resources and vendors.
- Lead the process design effort on capital projects generally exceeding $50k up to $100mio (singularly or in aggregate).
Qualifications & Skills
- Undergraduate degree in Chemical Engineering
- 5-10+ years of relevant process design with project emphasis desired
- Expert-level with process design tools such as Aspen Plus, HYSYS, and Sinet is advantageous.
- Expert-level with processing and formulation equipment, plant layouts, and concepts/procedures for equipment design and sizing.
- Expert knowledge of applicable regulations for chemical plant safety and environmental regulations.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in process design and capability to deliver challenging process design scopes for major capital projects.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.