Operations: Manufacturing, Production, Maintenance, Utilities
Process Engineer – Chattanooga, TN
This is a full-time, exempt level position.
This position is responsible for process improvements for production in all facets of operation through direct contributions of project development from conception though start-up. You will apply engineering principles to new and existing facilities with tasks ranging from process design to the evaluation and implementation of new technologies. You may also be responsible for assisting in managing day to day operations, tracking and understanding department costs, yields, quality, process performance, and mentoring engineers. The role will require you to work with both contractor and ADM management, process operators, maintenance, and other stakeholders.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversight and optimizing of specific processes and projects. Will require purchasing of materials and supplies, equipment installation, budget tracking, employee training, and startup of projects.
- Troubleshooting processes, performing RCFA’s, and implementing countermeasures and corrective action via DMAIC methodology.
- Ability to assist in day to day operations which may also include shift coverage as needed.
- Project design, development and management that are specific to the operations of an operating department.
- Conduct optimization assessments to identify existing and potential opportunities, propose solutions to improve performance primarily in the areas of energy, chemicals, product yields, and reliability.
- Support capital projects including control strategy development, P&ID management, administration of process control narratives suitable for control application development and process start up.
- Training and mentoring other colleagues, with the potential of indirectly managing hourly colleagues.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Strong Commitment to Safety, the Environment, and Quality Food Safety
- Demonstrated Leadership
- Demonstrated Strong Problem Solving Skills
- Good Written and Verbal Commutation Skills
- Ability to manage personnel and work closely with Plant and Corporate teams
- Ability to look beyond the task at hand, to anticipate challenges and develop options to overcome them
- Knowledge of a variety of process unit operations including conveying, cleaning, washing, bleaching, and refining.
- B.S. in Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical)
- 2 to 3 years of plant operations experience
- A project management background is preferred.
- Able to lift and transport materials and equipment weighing up to 30 pounds on a frequent basis, up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis and up to 55 pounds overhead.
- Lifting or carrying of weights over 50 pounds is rare. Employees are encouraged to request assistance in lifting or carrying objects that weigh more than 50 pounds.
- Able to traverse up to two (2) miles during the course of a work day.
- Able to move about or to a work site by stooping, bending, kneeling or squatting frequently during the course of a work day. May require periods of prolonged sitting or standing.
- Able to operate equipment or diagnose / detect issues of machinery that may be located at different heights. May require work on ladders, scaffolding or other work at heights.
- Requires a full range of physical motion in order to operate manual and electrically powered tools and test equipment, to move throughout the facility, including climbing stairs in all buildings, and to work at heights.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.
ADM unlocks the power of nature to enrich the quality of life. We’re a premier global human and animal nutrition company, delivering solutions today with an eye to the future. We’re blazing new trails in health and well-being as our scientists develop groundbreaking products to support healthier living. We’re a cutting-edge innovator leading the way to a new future of plant-based consumer and industrial solutions to replace petroleum-based products. We’re an unmatched agricultural supply chain manager and processor, providing food security by connecting local needs with global capabilities. And we’re a leader in sustainability, scaling across entire value chains to help decarbonize our industry and safeguard our planet. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional and sustainability challenges of today and tomorrow. Learn more at www.adm.com.