Operations: Manufacturing, Production, Maintenance, Utilities
Process Engineer- East Plant- Decatur, IL
This is an exempt level position.
The Decatur East Plant is seeking a process engineer with the skills to improve and optimize our processes. Decatur East Plant produces soy protein ingredients for human and animal consumption.
As a member of the East Plant production team, this colleague will have the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues by utilizing engineering skills to support operational excellence and new product development efforts. This position is responsible for process improvements for production in all facets of operation through direct contributions of project development from conception though start-up utilizing engineering and performance excellence principles to operate, troubleshoot, and improve chemical and mechanical processes. It is also responsible for assisting in managing day to day operations, tracking and understanding department costs, yields, quality, and process performance.
This position provides an opportunity for a new engineer to join the plant management team and have a positive impact on the success of our nutrition business. Process engineers gain first hand exposure to leadership of employees, equipment trouble-shooting and dealing with the myriad of challenges faced routinely in a facility that operates around the clock, 365 days per year.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identify improvement opportunities and Lead the Focused Improvement efforts in their area.
- Identifies safety and environmental needs and requirements, and insures such considerations are included in the development and modification of facilities.
- Analyzes existing processes for cost savings, reliability, and performance improvement opportunities.
- Interacts with maintenance, controls, process, and quality personnel in planning for and the development of process improvements
- Assist in day to day operations including shift coverage as needed.
- Training and mentoring other colleagues
Minimum Job Requirements:
- B.S. in Engineering (Chem/Mech/AG)
- 2+ years of plant operations experience preferred
- Demonstrated problem solving
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Most work will involve developing reports and presentations to relay results and findings to key stakeholders for further decision making. Written and verbal communication of project activities and key metrics shall be provided to managers and other stakeholders.
- Manage personnel and work closely across company job functions.
- Ability to look beyond the task at hand, anticipate challenges, and develop options to overcome them.
- Gain general knowledge of codes, relevant standards, and materials/metallurgy related to equipment and processes assigned.
- Effective interaction with multiple employees and managers to prioritize demands.
- Continuous improvement utilizing independent judgment to solve problems and have excellent organizational skills in order to effectively handle multiple ongoing tasks.
- Proactive participation in safety, environmental, and quality activities is expected to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Employee is expected to assist in developing colleagues through training, technical support mentoring, development of pilot operating equipment.
Process Engineer experience provides an outstanding foundation on which to build a career, employees advance to opportunities as Project Engineers, operations management, and our Centers of Excellence. These assignments involve increasing responsibility and the rewards that go along with it, along with possible relocation opportunities.
Relocation is available with this position.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.
ADM unlocks the power of nature to enrich the quality of life. We’re a premier global human and animal nutrition company, delivering solutions today with an eye to the future. We’re blazing new trails in health and well-being as our scientists develop groundbreaking products to support healthier living. We’re a cutting-edge innovator leading the way to a new future of plant-based consumer and industrial solutions to replace petroleum-based products. We’re an unmatched agricultural supply chain manager and processor, providing food security by connecting local needs with global capabilities. And we’re a leader in sustainability, scaling across entire value chains to help decarbonize our industry and safeguard our planet. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional and sustainability challenges of today and tomorrow. Learn more at www.adm.com.