Job Title: Product Engineer
Location: Waterloo, IA
Duration: 24+ Months
Job ID: JDJP00035672
- As a System Integration and Test Engineer, you will be accountable for software verification test planning and test execution for embedded vehicle controller software on tractors.
- Software teams deliver embedded software payloads on a regular cadence.
- Our team tests all software payloads together for interface verification and performance validation.
- You will be integrated with our software testing team which develops the system-level test cases.
- You will support the test activity defined by the Senior Verification Champion of the software test team with a focus on test case automation to make the overall test effort more efficient.
In addition, you will:
- Create the system-level software verification test plan for the features being delivered and defects being fixed once per software planning session (that is, once every two-month period).
- Define the appropriate level of regression testing required in each round of system testing.
- Support the Senior Verification Champion to automate existing system-level test cases in the system test suite.
- Be accountable for system-level software verification, test automation, and test execution.
- Be responsible for tracking metrics as defined by the Software Test Supervisor (requirements to test case coverage, test case automation data, test results, defects found, defects escaped).
- Assure the availability of test environments (Model in the Loop (MiL), Software in the Loop (SiL), Hardware in the Loop (HiL), Vehicle in the Loop (ViL).) and define which test environments to use based on the test strategy.
What Skills You Need:
- One or more years of experience working in mechatronics; including a solid understanding of electrical and electronics, hydraulics, and mechanical systems.
- One or more years of control system experience preferably related to propulsion systems and/or agriculture equipment.
- One or more years of experience with embedded control systems in either product development or product test.
- One or more years of experience with electronic test tools and simulation tools to assist in analysis and verification.
What Makes You Stand out:
- Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
- Experience working with Model Based Software Design (MBSD) and/or system simulation (For example, experience using Matlab or Simulink).
- Experience working with test case automation tools (For example, the ECU-Test tool from TraceTronic).
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum software development environment.
- One or more years of experience with CAN bus and tools used for testing and analysis (For example, Vector VN1640A logger).
- Experience operating Agricultural / off-road equipment.
- ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) Certification or equivalent.
- Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
- Bachelors of Science in Electronics/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Technology, or other relevant discipline.
- Will need metatarsals for first day and prescription safety glasses (if needed), business casual dress code.
- May drive personal vehicle to other facilities for meetings.
- Interviews will take place through MS Teams and the position will start onsite on the first day.
Thanks & regards
Rajendra Nayak (Raj)
Artech Information Systems