RFA Engineering ( ) is seeking candidates to be part of our engineering team at our customer’s facility in Alachua, FL. As a member of our team, the selected candidate will work our customer’s staff to support the development and manufacturing of mining equipment.
This is a full-time position with a full benefit package listed below, that is indefinite in duration with the opportunity of professional growth, direct hire by our customer, and additional opportunities within our own organization.
Product Engineer – Safety and Compliance.
Driving continuous product improvement and ensuring the delivery of safe, reliable, maintainable, and compliant products globally.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that all reasonable steps are taken to ensure all project personnel / employees are provided with a safe and healthy work environment. This includes compliance with the safety management program.
- Ensure product’s compliance with legislation in product’s target market areas
- Follow Global Product Process in NPD and CPE Projects
- Provide guidance to stakeholders for the required safety standards
- Follow changes in global product safety legislation
- Assess the design requirements and recommend changes required for compliance.
- Represent the PA in safety forums, safety expert networks, and any relevant lobbying forums.
- Manage and support the assessments of design specifications by utilizing approved methods and processes related to safety assessments to recommend solutions throughout the product life cycle.
- Manage and maintain product safety related technical documentation and participate in the incident management process
- Demonstrates knowledge of product safety engineering by utilizing methods and processes related to risk assessments and the functional safety lifecycle.
- Applying practical product safety and functional safety experiences during audits and assessments to recommend solutions for any safety hazards so that safety risks can be reduced to an acceptable level.
- Review and aid in producing usage instructions and safety warnings for all related technical documentation
Required Skills & Competencies
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering
- 5 years of experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Relevant product safety and compliance work with emphasis on functional safety within the heavy equipment industry is preferred.
- Participation in preparation of product usage and precautionary label instructions.
- Maintaining safety records in accordance with regulations and standards.
- Standardization and environmental design preferred.
- Reading and interpreting engineering documentation.
- Basic familiarity with engineering change processes.
- Working with or the development of safety regulations and or standards.
- Proven working experience utilizing various applications with Office 365.
- Advanced knowledge with CRM systems (Salesforce preferred).
Why work for RFA?
About RFA Engineering
RFA Engineering has provided machine design and engineering services to industry leading customers since 1943. Our primary focus is project based product development of off highway equipment including agricultural, construction, mining, recreational, industrial, and special machines. Our work includes concept development, product design, documentation, problem-solving, simulation, optimization, and testing of components, systems and complete machines. Our engineering staff is located both at our Engineering Center in Minneapolis, and at numerous customer sites throughout the U.S.
We Offer Competitive Benefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long-Term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account (Traditional 401k & Roth 401k)
- Flexible Spending Plans for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
- Extra Time Bonuses
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Education Assistance
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly
Powered by JazzHR