There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) – North Carolina – Fuquay Varina
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Product Engineer, Testing – 94503
As a Product Engineer-Testing for Turf Care located in Fuquay-Varina, NC, you will:
- Execute test plan for product verification and validation.
- Prepare and run activity tests under the direction and guidance of a senior engineer.
- Collect test data, review with lead engineer and report results in the Vision system.
- Learns and applies company engineering policies and practices; learns company products.
VISA Sponsorship is NOT Available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 1 or more years of experience of product development processes
- 1 or more years of experience of instrumentation methods
- 1 or more years of experience of test data analysis and databases
- 1 or more years of experience of using software tools related to data analysis
- 1 or more years of experience of learning new skills in varied environments
- 1 or more years of skill in using computer aided design and/or engineering tools
- 1 or more years of skill in using company information systems and processes
- 1 or more years of understanding and applying engineering principles
- Be able and willing to travel up to 25%
What Makes You Stand Out
- nCode, LabView and MatLab experience
- Data acquisition / Logging signals on machines using CAN Communication Protocol
- NVH experience
- Test laboratory experience
- Problem resolution skills and diagnostics experience
- Vision software experience
- Operator experience of Golf and Commercial Mowing products
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology, Science, or Agricultural Sciences discipline
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company’s board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.