Operations: Manufacturing, Production, Maintenance, Utilities
Process Engineer (Wet Mill)- Cedar Rapids, Iowa
This is a full-time, exempt level position
This position is responsible for providing engineering support for a production department. Primary focus will be leading process improvements including department health and safety and performance for all facets of operation through direct contributions of project development from conception through start up. It is also responsible for assisting in managing day to day operations, tracking and understanding department costs, yields, quality and process performance. A process engineer will typically manage zero direct reports but will have various indirect reports as part of specific projects and initiatives. This position may work with capital contractor management and the plant maintenance team for the completion of projects within the department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversight of specific processes that may include projects. Project management may require, purchasing of materials and supplies, equipment installation, budget tracking, employee training, and start- up of projects
- Assist in day to day operations including shift coverage as needed
- Lead plant operations to maintain personnel and process safety
- Recommendations for improvements to company facilities, equipment, and safety programs
- Interacts directly with shift supervision to produce desired operational results and employee development
- Project design, development and management that are specific to the operations of the department
- Process and cost tracking
- Training and mentoring other colleagues
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Concern for quality
- Strong commitment to safety
- Demonstrated leadership
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication
- Ability to manage personnel and work closely with corporate departments
- Ability to look beyond the task at hand, to anticipate challenges and develop options to overcome them
- B.S in Engineering
- 2-3 years of plant operations experience preferred
- Project management experience / background is beneficial
- Chemicals / Irritants: The scope of this position requires exposure to and use of chemicals, solvents, and cleaners that may be hazardous and/or cause injury if specific instructions regarding their mixture, use and disposal/storage are not properly followed
- Inside areas:
- Spring/Summer: Outside temperature may be up to or exceed 100 degrees with potential for high humidity. May be exposed to inclement weather conditions including, but not limited to, rain and wind.
- Fall/Winter: Outside temperatures may reach freezing or below. May be exposed to inclement weather including, freezing rain, sleet or snow and wind.
- Some manufacturing processes within the facility are highly reliant on machinery and other processing equipment and, as a result, noise levels may reach or exceed 85 decibels and require use of hearing protection for most of the work shift
- Able to lift and transport materials and equipment weighing up to 30 pounds on a frequent basis, up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis and up to 55 pounds overhead.
- Lifting or carrying weights over 50 pounds is rare. Employees are encouraged to request assistance in lifting or carrying objects that weigh more than 50 pounds.
- Able to traverse up to two (2) miles during the course of a work day
- Able to move about or to a work site by stooping, bending, kneeling, or squatting frequently during the course of a work day. May require periods of prolonged sitting or standing
- Able to operate equipment or diagnose/detect issues of machinery that may be located at different heights. may require work on ladders, scaffolding or other work at heights.
- Requires a full range of physical motion in order to operate manual and electrically powered tools and test equipment, to move throughout the facility, including climbing stairs in all buildings, and to work at heights.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.
ADM unlocks the power of nature to enrich the quality of life. We’re a premier global human and animal nutrition company, delivering solutions today with an eye to the future. We’re blazing new trails in health and well-being as our scientists develop groundbreaking products to support healthier living. We’re a cutting-edge innovator leading the way to a new future of plant-based consumer and industrial solutions to replace petroleum-based products. We’re an unmatched agricultural supply chain manager and processor, providing food security by connecting local needs with global capabilities. And we’re a leader in sustainability, scaling across entire value chains to help decarbonize our industry and safeguard our planet. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional and sustainability challenges of today and tomorrow. Learn more at www.adm.com.