Position Title: Project Engineer
Position Type: Regular – Full-Time
Position Location: Othello
Requisition ID: 21804
We are looking for an accountable and experienced Project Engineer to join our team in Othello Washington. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for all engineering and technical disciplines within your projects. You will schedule, plan, forecast, resource and manage all the technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion. The main purpose of a project engineer is to complete engineering and construction projects by planning, organizing and controlling all elements of the project. You will supervise all development and implementation of a project and oversee facility upgrades.
- On-site Requirement – Must perform duties onsite. Some travel may be required.
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
- Interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status
- Assign responsibilities and mentor project team
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with project manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Review project plans and proposals, then work with management to develop project objectives. Identify project responsibilities by determining the phases and elements of the project. Calculate time frames and sequences the stages of the project.
- Prepare and distribute a description and timeline of the project.
- Study product design, customer requirements performance standards, then determines project specifications. Present cost estimates and performance standards. Conduct tests assuring safe and satisfactory product performance.
- Review contractor bids; interview and assign personnel to specific phases and elements of the project.
- Through project coordination meetings and other forms of communication, oversees and coordinates the technical aspects of the project.
- Prepare status reports and regularly monitors budgets, contractors and schedules. Allocate project resources appropriately; approve expenditures; employee contractor contracts. Keep an accurate record and electronic data base of all elements of the projects.
- Present procedures, rules and regulations to those involved in the project; maintains a safe, clean and productive environment through enforcing procedures. Maintains project integrity and reputation through compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Ensures plant emergency action and crisis management plan is up to date and that the management team is prepared to respond to emergencies. Annually develops and conducts periodic crisis drill simulations.
- BS degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or relevant field
- Current engineer license
- Prior experience in a processing facility is required.
- Proven working experience as a project engineer
- Proficient in the use of statistical methods, including Design of Experiments and Statistical Process Control. Prior experience in capital projects will be considered an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills, along with excellent verbal and written English communication skills are essential.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite Programs, including Microsoft Project and exposure to SAP is an asset.
Why You Should Join Our Team:
McCain offers full benefits including health, vision, and dental insurance. In addition, we offer other benefits including:
- Health Spending Account/ HRA & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption & Infertility Assistance, Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Education Reimbursement Assistance
- Apprenticeship, Internship, & Coop support and opportunities
Salary Range: $105,000 – $115,000 USD annually + Benefits (+ Bonus)
The salary range reflects the minimum and maximum target for the position at the time of posting. Within the range, exact compensation will be determined based on education/training, skill set, experience, and other organizational needs.
McCain Food’s facility in Othello Washington recently completed a 170 thousand square foot addition and multiple upgrades, now employs over 500 people! In line with our values and our overall global commitment to sustainability, this investment also brings environmental efficiencies, reducing the facility’s carbon footprint while doubling its production, underlining McCain’s commitment to sustainability.
McCain Foods is proud to be a family and values-driven company. Our values are integral to our culture, helping to shape how we operate, how we work together and the choices we make. They are a big part of what makes us unique. McCain Foods opened their first production facility in their hometown of Florenceville, New Brunswick, Canada. McCain Foods quickly established itself within the Canadian marketplace and then began a journey to become the world’s largest manufacturer of frozen French fries and potato specialties.
McCain products can be found in thousands of restaurants and supermarket freezers around the world. In addition to fries, McCain also produces other foods, including appetizers, oven meals, vegetables and juice for both the retail and foodservice industries.
Sustainability and Plant Friendly Practices are at the Heart of McCain:
We’ve embarked upon a journey to create planet-friendly food. Food that will use fewer natural resources in factories and farms, answer the need of increasingly health and planet-conscious consumers, and contribute to positive change in the rural communities where we grow our ingredients.
- We are moving to 100% renewable energy by 2030.
- Donating 200 million meals to food banks and NGO worldwide by 2025.
- Implementing regenerative agricultural practices across 100% of our potato acreage by 2030.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Your privacy is important to us. By submitting personal data or information to us, you agree this will be handled in accordance with the
Job Family: Engineering & Technical; Manufacturing
Division: NA Potato Manufacturing
Department: Othello Engineering
Location(s): US – United States of America : Washington : Othello || US – United States of America : Washington : Seattle
Company: McCain Foods USA, Inc.