About WS Development
Massachusetts-based WS Development is a mixed-use developer with a singular mission: creating places people want to be. With an approach that values art, science, innovation and, above all else, people, WS strives to engage each community it serves with best-in-class installations and activations. Established in 1990, WS is a vertically integrated company that conceptualizes, owns, operates and leases more than 100 properties that range from cutting-edge urban spaces to lifestyle and community centers. With over 20 million square feet of existing space and an additional five million square feet under development, it is one of the largest privately-owned development firms in the country.
WS is where great ideas and great people come together to design, build, and operate some of the best loved real estate projects in the country. We live at the intersection of entrepreneurship and establishment. We have the infrastructure of decades supporting a culture of free-thinking excellence.
We expect every WS employee to feel welcomed and valued irrespective of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, and life experiences. Or for any other reason.
Overall Position Objectives:
The chief responsibility of the Property and Communication Coordinator is to provide administrative support to the property management team and communication support for the Highland Village brand. Often a first point of contact, this role serves as the front line in creating a best-in-class experience for customers, tenants, vendors, contractors, and community partners. This position will have the opportunity to utilize passion and creativity while working hand-in-hand with best-in-class retailers such as lululemon, Whole Foods and Buff City Soap to beloved locals like Aplos, Maison Wiess, Buffalo Peak Outfitters and Bravo.
Key Position Accountabilities:
- Provide general office duties including mail distribution, screening and routing of telephone calls, responding to general inbox email inquiries and receiving guests, communicating with management and security, as needed.
- Develop office procedures/processes and establish and maintain all necessary records, files and reports as required for day-to-day property management, including, but not limited to, calendars, meeting agendas, and tenant, vendor and contractor files.
- Conduct various accounting functions at the property level including invoice processing, new vendor setup, utility switchovers, and gift certificate processing.
- Implement and maintain information for corporate databases including, but not limited to, contracts, insurance documents and contact lists.
- Ensure office space and equipment is properly maintained including office supply inventory.
- Coordinate with branding vendors on campaigns and property marketing efforts including social media, photography and activations.
- Maintain and manage property website and email distribution in collaboration with corporate marketing and branding vendors.
- Coordinate collateral development and process for all property print and promotional items.
- Actively participates in brainstorming for property activations and sponsorship opportunities.
- Serves as a community ambassador and maintains excellent relationships with local organizations and town officials in collaboration with the GM.
- Must be flexible and available to work occasional evenings and weekends, depending on scheduled events.
- Build an excellent rapport with tenants through frequent, in-person contact and attending tenant meetings, as requested.
- Respond to requests for information from tenants and management in a timely fashion; must be able at prioritizing these tasks and direct appropriately.
- Manage the property gift card program (Jingle Coins).
- Maintain and update property tenant manual.
- College degree (or equivalent experience) with 3-5 years business experience.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Can-do attitude, initiative, humility, and strong work ethic.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and an adaptability to change.
- Good oral, written, and interpersonal skills; bilingual language skills a plus; English speaking skills a must.
- Proficiency in computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with WordPress a plus.
- Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Must have discretion and ability to keep sensitive information strictly confidential.