The Quality Engineer provides assistance in assuring product quality and supporting quality programs. In this position, you can make immediate contributions in enhancing the current quality program by providing daily support in Quality Engineering related issues. This position is located in Downers Grove, Illinois a northwest suburb of Chicago.
- Utilize data driven problem solving methods to improve performance on key quality metrics such as internal and external DPPMs, Scrap and Customer Satisfaction.
- Review nonconforming product, determine, and approve dispositions.
- Provide shop floor support in with the creation and updating of inspection plans, performing gauge R&Rs, capability studies, and the use of other quality assurance tools.
- Engage in the design, development, and implementation of a Quality roadmap for achieving company objectives.
- Drive a culture of quality at the source whereby all associates assume ownership for the quality of their work, services, and products.
- Develop and execute criteria for the qualification of new equipment, process, and product introductions through new product development methodologies for aerospace.
- Identify & drive continuous improvement opportunities within the facility and at our supplier’s locations.
- Assist in the effort to maintain all current AS9100 certifications, as well as NADCAP special process certifications.
Experience and Skill Required
- This position requires the applicant to be a US Person with an US permanent residence. A US Person is a US Citizen or Green card holder.
- A Bachelors degree, preferably in Engineering or a technical field
- 3+ years of Quality Experience in the Aerospace or Automotive industry
- 10% travel
- Experience working with quality systems (e.g. AS9100, ISO9001, FAA regulations)
- The ability to collect, compile, and analyze data to determine both root cause and corrective action to prevent recurrence in addition to driving the non-conforming material review system.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Proficiency in root cause analysis and formal problem-solving techniques internally and externally (Customers/Suppliers)
- A proficiency with Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) tools (including SPC, GR&R, DOE, FMEA, Control Plans, Cpk, GD&T, DMAIC, and First Article Inspection)
- Demonstrated success in the ability to consistently multitask
- Good writing/administrative skills, including computer skills (word processing, graphics, spreadsheet, Minitab, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management
- Proven history of customer satisfaction success both internally & externally
- A solid background in metal manufacturing environment including metal cutting and grinding is desirable
- A solid background in metrology and measurement systems
- Working knowledge of engineering part drawings and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Experience working in a lean manufacturing or continuous improvement environment
- Demonstrated career advancement with increasing accountability
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineering (CQE) desired
Headquartered in Milwaukee, Rexnord is a concentrated multiplatform industrial leader with exceptional and trusted brands that serve a diverse array of global end markets. Every day approximately 7,000 associates across the globe work to deliver smarter solutions to our customers and create long-term value for our shareholders. Simply put, we advance the efficient use of resources by Solving Smarter.
Rexnord Aerospace supplies high performance spherical and cylindrical bearings, mechanical seals, gears and electrical components to commercial air transport markets. Our products are engineered to meet stringent requirements and are specified in engine systems, flight control systems, landing gear systems and airframe structures. Our global customer base includes major engine and airframe OEMs, tier suppliers and aircraft operators.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Coverage
Spending accounts (HSA, Health Care FSA and Dependent Care FSA)
Paid Time Off and Holidays
401k Retirement Plan with Matching Employer Contributions
Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
About Regal Rexnord
Regal Rexnord Corporation (“Regal Rexnord”) is a leading manufacturer of electric motors, electrical motion controls, power generation and mechanical power transmission products and sub-systems, serving customers around the world in the general industrial, consumer, commercial construction, food & beverage, and alternative energy end markets, among others. Regal Rexnord sells its products and solutions to OEMs, through distributors, and directly to end-users. Regal Rexnord is a $7.2B company with 36,000 associates globally.
You may not know it, but Regal Rexnord impacts your life every day. The company’s products enable the fans in HVAC systems that keep us comfortable; the power source that keeps smart buildings running; the agricultural and food service equipment that keeps us fed; and the conveyer systems that keep e-commerce flowing, to name a few of the applications where our products are used.
Regal Rexnord’s business purpose is to create a better tomorrow by energy-efficiently converting power into motion. This means creating innovative solutions while focusing on both customer needs and the company’s commitment to sustainability. The company’s industrial powertrain and automation solutions offerings are an important part of the company’s growth strategy. The company’s strategy includes leveraging 80/20 to prioritize all activities, including product excellence, operational excellence and commercial excellence (i) driving organic sales growth through the introduction of innovative new products, with a particular focus on improving energy efficiency, (ii) establishing and maintaining new customers, as well as developing new opportunities with existing customers, (iii) participating in higher growth end markets and geographies, and (iv) identifying and consummating strategic, value creating acquisitions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Regal Rexnord is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, national origin, marital status, citizenship status (unless required by the applicable law or government contract), disability or protected veteran status or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Regal Rexnord is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to building a team that represents diverse and inclusive backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Notification to Agencies: Please note that Regal Rexnord Corporation and its affiliates and subsidiaries (“Regal Rexnord”) do not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement or similar contract and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition, Regal Rexnord will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.