About this Role
In this role, you will spend 50% of your time on development work, including building landing pages, managing site performance, and optimizing for page speed. The other 50% of your day will be focused on conversion rate optimization and user journey testing. Your mission is to guide web visitors effortlessly through their digital journey, delivering qualified leads into our sales funnel. You love digging into the data to drive decision-making and will be responsible for setting goals, building strategies, and reporting on outcomes.
We need someone who has experience and exceptional skills in marketing analytics, and a proven track record of managing complex web development and marketing technology projects.
This role requires strong ability to communicate effectively across teams, providing technical leadership in collaboration with all functional teams, including Marketing, Sales, Product, and Engineering, to continually deliver the best possible front-end web experience while maintaining high standards of quality and performance.
This role is an independent contributor.
Reports to: Senior Director of Marketing
On a daily basis, works closely with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers.
Location: Anywhere. Design Pickle is a fully remote company with a Company Hub in Scottsdale, Arizona.
The compensation range for this position is $105,000 to $120,000 annually. The actual salary offer to a candidate will be made with mindful consideration of many factors. These factors include but are not limited to skills, qualifications, education/knowledge, experience, and alignment with market data for a given location within the US. In addition to base salary, some positions may be eligible for additional compensation such as bonuses or commissions. This salary data is for our US-based positions only.
Who We Are Looking For
First, Design Pickle is anything but typical. We’re a group of hard-working, creativity-loving individuals from around the world.
Do we love pickles, too? Most of us! But don’t stress if pickles aren’t your thing. It’s not a deal-breaker. We do look for a passion and interest in something though because our employees’ uniqueness is what helped make us the great company we are today.
We stand by our vision, purpose, and values, and these are mission-critical to how you show up every single day.
Specific to this role, we’re looking for individuals who have…
- Enthusiasm for our mission: To be the most helpful creative company in the world.
- Minimum 4 years of experience and success as a marketing website developer with experience testing, optimizing and managing website performance
- High-level knowledge of the WordPress ecosystem, including experience with custom themes and post types
- Extensive knowledge of CSS
- Experience managing conversion rate optimization (CRO) and knows how to build and execute an A/B test
- A proven track record of building outcomes-driven strategies and assessing tangible results for a business
- Expert-level knowledge in Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics
- Excellent project management and communication skills. Our team works remotely, and everyone is expected and trusted to manage their time effectively.
- Experience working in UI/UX tools such as Figma
- Experience supporting strategic SEO programs is a plus!
- Experience in a B2B environment preferred
- Experience using Hubspot preferred
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
- Own the overall web strategy, driving the roadmap for experience improvements that include development, data integrations, and conversion rate optimization
- Responsible for front-end web design & development including regular maintenance and updates of
- Define site architecture and navigation to ensure target audiences are guided through an intentional on-site experience that pushes them into our sales funnel
- Use data to develop a website optimization roadmap; execute on this roadmap; and track the performance
- Oversee UX research and testing to guarantee we are basing our decisions on feedback from web users, and combine with extensive best-practice knowledge
- Build campaign landing pages in partnership with the Demand Generation team to optimize performance of those campaigns
- Support the SEO strategy in collaboration with Content Marketing
- Manage marketing website data integrations, working collaboratively with with the CRM, Product, and Engineering teams to safely and strategically pass data and events between platforms
- Partner with Product Marketing and Content Marketing to develop and showcase company and product messaging and positioning across our website.
Benefits, Compensation, and Perks
Uncapped PTO: Hate seeing your PTO hours decrease as the year goes on? Not anymore! There is no cap or number associated with the amount of PTO days you can request.
Major medical healthcare: We major medical plans as well as Dental and Vision insurance.
Remote-work flexibility: More productive at home? Not based in Scottsdale, AZ? Fine with us! We are a remote-first company with people all over the country.
401K: Plan for your future with a 401K with a company match.
World-class Company Hub: More productive in an office? Also, fine with us! Our Company Hub is set up with state-of-the-art standing desks, high-definition monitors, breakout rooms for meetings and calls, a podcast studio, a relaxation room, a merch wall, and a cold plunge! ….yes, we said a cold plunge.
In-office gym: Our Company Hub also has a small CrossFit-style gym with Peloton studio available for any pickles to use!
Life-changing massage chair: We change lives through creativity…and massages. Our team has traveled far and wide to take advantage of a life-changing massage chair that is housed in our Company Hub. One massage is all it will take to radically transform your life.
New parent leave: Design Pickle encourages all primary caregivers to take up to 8 weeks leave for a new family member, including adoption, at full salary.
Short Term / Long Term Disability Options
Paid training and personal development: We offer a yearly stipend for employees to continue to grow their skillset and learn things to help them in their careers.
Pet insurance: Have a furry friend? Design Pickle offers pet insurance through United Pet Care for discounted vet visits, medication, and procedures.
Team retreats, social events, and adventures: Pickle collaboration is important to us! We host regular social events, get-togethers, and experiences for our staff.
About Design Pickle
Design Pickle was founded in 2015 with a vision to change lives through its creative software, solutions, and services. Since then, the company has grown to be the #1 flat-rate creative services company in the world. We have served tens of thousands of clients with a team that spans the globe.
In 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022, Inc. 5000 listed Design Pickle as one of the fastest-growing companies in America.
We are a company that takes our core values to heart:
Be the SPARK
Let your fire and passion inspire someone else’s day.
Seek out new ways to improve performance, satisfaction, and impact for our customers. Less is more rules supreme.
Give it to me STRAIGHT
Lead with radical and professional candor in every situation. Graciously accept when others do the same. Move forward together and aligned.
HELP when nobody’s watching
Find opportunities to support each other and our clients beyond the day-to-day.
Lean into HARD
We thoughtfully select our challenges and tenaciously commit to conquering them.
Make your own PICKLES
We are a collection of incredible individuals who challenge ourselves and each other to grow. Change is celebrated as a sign of progress.
You can learn more about our company, our vision, and what we stand for on our and social channels. We can’t wait to meet you—thank you in advance for your application!
Design Pickle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will often hear members of the Design Pickle team refer to themselves as pickles. Pickles come in an infinite amount of variety, and as such, the pickles at Design Pickle celebrate every aspect of our diverse workforce and do not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, nationality, (dis)ability, gender, gender expression, or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. The right pickle for the right opportunity. Design Pickle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Notice to Staffing and Recruiting Agencies
Design Pickle will not accept resumes from any source other than the candidate. Any unsolicited resume sent to Design Pickle will be considered Design Pickle sourced.
Design Pickle LLC