As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs.
Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat and cold.
Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.
The Rotational Manufacturing Engineer will lead the process design effort for new formulations to include completion of batch programming, MES, and SAP.
- Perform process evaluations in response to challenges or opportunities faced by the Formulations Units.
- Develop process tools to insure high-volume formulation precision.
- Drive innovative solutions to optimize the efficiency or expand the capacity of an existing process.
- Troubleshoot process/equipment issues.
- Provide front end process designs, process descriptions, equipment specifications, and other process data necessary to enable detailed project design for small capital projects (<$100k). Champion process scopes and projects through the Process/Project process.
- Construct initial BOMs for new and changed formulations for theoretical consumption and scrap/loss.
- Analyze performance to standard (usage variance analysis) with operational leads.
- Recommend cost sheet factor changes as required.
- Monitor AI content of incoming actives, for standard and variance purposes
- Assure Formulations Units are making quality product in the quantity required to meet sales.
Indirect people responsibility:
- Perform process evaluations in response to challenges or opportunities faced by the formulations units including efficiency or expansion type projects.
- Provide close support to formulations units during formulation campaigns and new product introductions.
- Interact with the site planning team during the production process.
- Interact with the Area Engineer, Supervisor and operators to provide unit instructions on daily production tasks.
- Provide PRA assistance for the Site as a unit representative.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to address HSE and process safety, and other regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with product development in the scale-up and launch of new formulations at the site.
- Undergraduate degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry desired, but not required
- Expert-level with processing and formulation equipment, plant layouts, and concepts/procedures for equipment design and sizing
- Expert knowledge of applicable regulations for chemical plant safety and environmental regulations
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in process evaluation, troubleshooting, and design
- Relevant process or production experience desired, but not required
- Travel Requirements – 25%
What we Offer
A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes professional development, and strives for a work-life balance that supports the team members
We offer flexible work options to support your work and personal needs
Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts your first day
401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
Paid Vacation, 9 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts, among other benefits
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.