RJ Lee Group, Inc. is currently seeking a Scientific Developer to join our team. Candidates for this role will have a passion for understanding how technology works and understand what is below the surface. The candidate should have a background in both science and software development (specifically in .NET/C#). The candidate will develop modules, classes, and functions for automation of various laboratory systems. Create software for instrument control and data retrieval using mainly C#/.NET. Work with users, scientists, and other senior team members to define the work product and accomplish in an efficient and effective manner.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 3-5 years of experience with a demonstrated background and interest in math and scientific disciplines such as physics, chemistry, electromagnetics, and optical principles.
- A basic understanding of electronics such as DAC and A/D converters, and the interface between software and hardware, looking beyond the hardware abstraction layer.
- Proficiency in programming with generally accepted object-oriented principles in C# required
- While design of software architecture is not required for this position, the ability to understand and work with the defined layers and partitions in an existing architecture is necessary.
- Strong troubleshooting skills along with the ability to think creatively to solve problems is required. We are often tasked with coming up with solutions to difficult problems that will require you to think outside the box.
- An engineering approach to design and problem-solving is required.
- Experience with, and interest in, microscopy and analytical techniques.
- Experience with electron microscopes, including automation and data analysis, is a plus.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of hardware communication protocols such as TCP/IP from a programming perspective is a plus.
- Interest in and experience with digital image management, processing, and analysis.
- Experience with tools such as Matlab and ImageJ is a plus.
- Experience with machine learning and computer vision is a plus.
- Experience with user interface design using Windows Forms is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required, contributions to the following are expected: o Software release notes o Clear/concise code documentation o Occasional work on proposals and quotations o Occasional contributions to technical publications o Ability to present tutorials and webinars
- Ability to work in and across multidisciplinary teams including remote teams.
- A team-oriented, can-do work ethic and positive attitude.
- Curiosity/interest in science/discovery.
- Willingness to learn the application from the ground up as a user as well as a developer.
- Desire for long-term position, to become domain expert in field.
RJ Lee Group, Inc. offers full-time employees a total benefits package that includes:
Paid time off benefits
Medical, dental, vision and medical/dependent care flexible benefits
Group life insurance and disability insurance
401(k) savings and investment program
RJ Lee Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic or status protected under applicable law or regulations. RJLG seeks diversity among its employees. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Powered by JazzHR
RJ Lee Group, Inc