Hello. We are GEI.
Some of the world s most pressing problems – from climate change to sustainable development, to critical infrastructure and the future of our energy supply – need our brightest and diverse minds working together to create safer, more resilient communities for tomorrow.
We are technical experts, collaborators, and entrepreneurs who draw from diverse backgrounds to solve our clients most complex challenges.
With more than 40 offices across North America, we offer a range of engineering, science, and technical consulting services. Our range of expertise, project types, and culture make us the choice for top talent in the AEC industry.
As a 100% employee-owned company, our employees support our flat leadership structure, have a say in how our business operates and benefit from our financial success. We are committed to employee growth with career development opportunities, competitive total rewards, a well-being program, flexible work arrangements and more. Our company culture is driven by our 4 Cs – we are Client-Centered, Curious, Collaborative, and Community Minded – which support our focus on sustainability, safety, diversity, equity and inclusion. Get to know us better by visiting GEI s career site .
Your role at GEI.
GEI s Rancho Cordova office is currently seeking a Civil Engineer with a background in civil, agricultural or water resources engineering. This individual will lead field and engineering design efforts related to water resource facilities and water conveyance preparing construction drawings and specifications, construction cost estimating, design implementation, and report preparation.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide oversight and design expertise for pipeline design and related water conveyance projects
- Provide oversight for the development of quality scope, fee, reports, plans, specifications and estimates for multiple projects
- Supervise engineering design technicians and other technical staff
- Review and evaluate design and construction practices
- Attend project meetings and work in a team environment or independently
- Identify need and support meetings with internal staff and external clients
- Participate and lead business development activities and contribute to both office and practice growth
- Licensed Professional Engineer in California
- Twenty years of experience in pipeline and/or general civil design
- Familiarity and/or experience with detailed design and specification preparation.
- Experience managing PE s and EIT s with multiple project deadlines
- Excellent technical report writing and communication skills
GEI s Total Rewards Package Includes
- Market-Competitive Compensation, including Eligibility for an Annual Performance Bonus
- Pay Range For This Position: $120,000 – $150,000/year dependent upon experience
- Comprehensive Benefits Program, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and More
- Well-Being Program and Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Hybrid Work Schedules and Home Office and Cell Phone Stipends
- GEI University (GEIU) with Continuing Education Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Connecting Conversation Program with a Focus on Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Support and Financial Rewards for Publication Awards, Professional Dues, and Professional Licenses
- Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off Program
- Rewards and Recognition
- GEI-Funded Profit Sharing and 401(k)
- Opportunity to be an Owner and Shareholder (Learn more
) * A Vibrant Culture that is Focused on Partnership, Sustainability, Giving Back to Our Communities and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- And More…
Activity Level Throughout Workday (check one per row)
Physical Activity Requirements
(0-35% of day)
(33-66% of day)
(67-100% of day)
Lifting (floor to waist level) (in pounds)
Lifting (waist level and above) (in pounds)
Wrist position deviation
Pinching/fine motor skills
Keyboard use/repetitive motion
Taste or smell (taste=never)
Talk or hear
Very Accurate 20/20
Color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
Occupational Exposure Risk Potential
Blood borne pathogens
Airborne communicable diseases
Uneven surfaces or elevations
Extreme noise levels
Other (exposure risks):
Usual workday hours:
Other work hours
GEI is an AA/equal opportunity employer, including disabled and veterans.