CNH Industrial is a world-class equipment and services company dedicated to advancing the noble work of agriculture and construction workers. Driven by our shared purpose of Breaking New Ground, we are passionate about bringing Innovation, Sustainability, and Productivity to all that we do. As a truly global company, CNH Industrial’s 37,000+ employees form part of a diverse and inclusive workplace, focused on empowering customers to grow, and build, a better world through our core brands: Case IH, STEYR, New Holland Agriculture, CASE, and New Holland Construction.
In Precision Technology, we make iron smarter. Our team members deliver innovative solutions helping our customers to be more productive, save time, lower costs, and to operate sustainably. From vehicle displays, application controls, steering solutions, digital services and telematics, to fully autonomous driverless technology, we develop solutions that solve challenges for customers around the world.
As a Senior Controls Engineer within the Vehicle Electronics team, you will design, develop, and implement solutions that control dynamic systems on harvesting equipment utilized throughout the globe.
- Research, design, develop and implement control specifications based on customer requirements.
- Define performance level requirements of systems (machine level) and subsystems (component level) including sensors.
- Derive dynamic models, select appropriate control algorithms, simulate, rapid prototyping, and tuning of controls.
- Use design tools for controls development and data analysis to troubleshoot problems.
- Work across multiple engineering disciplines and development teams to coordinate system definition, design, and integration.
- Responsible for individual product design alignment with multi-product architectural strategy.
- Work with product verification and validation, and/ or customers to ensure system and components perform as needed.
- May be called upon to perform comparable duties of a similar or related nature and/or assist in other areas as needed.
The salary for this position is $106,950 to $163,300 annually. (Actual salary offered will vary and will be based on several factors including skills, experience and qualifications for the role.)
- Experienced engineer with 5+ years of career experience, with Bachelor’s degree. 3+ years experience with Master’s degree. 1+ years experience with PHD. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with developing algorithms, simulations and creating models.
- Working knowledge of electrical theory, control components, robotics, and automation.
- Ability to apply design theory and methodology.
- Well-developed problem analysis and problem-solving techniques.
- Team player who is self-motivated and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and leadership staff.
- Travel may be necessary (
- Experience with electro-hydraulic control systems
- Experience with control of drivetrain/power transfer systems
- Experience using Mathworks® Simulink® and Stateflow®
- Experience in programming languages, such as C.
- Experience with agricultural, automotive or construction vehicles.
- Knowledge of automotive networks (e.g. CAN, LIN)
CNH Industrial offers a wide variety of benefits that not only encourages wellness and preventive care, but we also provide the right tools and programs to help you achieve it. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. Our industry leading 401k will support you in meeting your retirement objectives. Additional benefits include paid parental leave, flexible work policies, opportunities for self-development and paid leave for specific activities.
US applicants: CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal “EEO is the Law” poster and its supplement . CNH Industrial participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. You can view additional information
If you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 1-800-889-4422 option 1 and then option 5, or contact us at email@example.com.
Read about our company’s commitment to pay transparency by clicking this link: .
Canada applicants: CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, place of origin, disability, marital status, family status, age, or any other ground prohibited by applicable provincial human rights legislation.