Job Title: Senior Food Process Engineer
About Us: Shambaugh & Son L.P., a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc., is a construction/engineering firm. We specialize in the Design-Build method of construction resulting in fast-track delivery of the project improvements to our clients as well as traditional plan and spec projects. We are one of the largest specialty contractors in the U.S. and we perform nearly $1B of construction projects per year with over 2,900 employees throughout 50 states from our home office in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Our success has been driven by our ability to attract and retain knowledgeable and seasoned professionals to work on the Shambaugh team. As we continue to build on our more than 90 year Shambaugh success story, we are looking to complement our existing experienced project management staff with motivated and talented individuals who are interested in expanding their project management knowledge and gaining valuable work experience.
At Shambaugh we recognize people as our most important resource, and it is our mission to produce the industry’s highest level of quality services, safety and productivity on every project in order to develop repeat customers, maximize return on investment, and provide professional growth opportunities for people in the organization.
Job Summary: Shambaugh & Son is searching for a Food Process Engineer to join the team. You will be responsible for performing quality food process engineering design services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for flow diagrams and making sure specifications have been developed in accordance with:
- Customer requirements
- Shambaugh & Son standards and specifications
- Federal, State, and Local regulatory agency requirements
- Balance calculations that have been developed and provided to the customer for review and confirmation of project production design criteria
- Responsible for production line time studies, capacity usage studies, and product mass flow calculations
- Confirm process utility spreadsheet is filled out and distributed to the other project disciplines identifying the utility service needs of the project process design
- Create detailed scope of work is prepared that clearly and concisely communicates our scope of work to both our clients and estimating department
- Utilize standard practices pertaining to engineering calculations, spreadsheets, equipment schedules, standard details, piping methods, and control sequences
- Develop project installation requirements (materials of construction, installation methods, etc.) to adequately convey our scope of work and level of quality to our client, internal estimating staff and field installation staff
- Responsible for equipment specifications/schedules and RFQ’s have been assembled as required to enable quick and accurate response to inquiries
- For projects that proceed to construction:
- Project documents (i.e. approval drawings, equipment specification sheets (cut sheets) have been distributed to the appropriate project team members in a timely manner)
- A written functional description has been prepared to describe required operation of the process design to the Shambaugh Automation Group
- Provide on-site engineering support for an existing construction project
- Projects are commissioned (including troubleshooting) and owner operators are trained
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (prefer Agricultural, Chemical, Mechanical or Food Process emphasis)
- 10+ years of experience across one or more industries with design and project emphasis in the Food and Beverage industry (breweries, bottlers, dairies, confectionary producers, etc)
- Ability to work independently or a team environment
- Travel is expected and mandatory with this position (duration determined as required for project design and execution)
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office product offerings including Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is a plus
- Must communicate clearly and effectively, in both written and oral work
- All applicants must have legal authorization to work in United States
Employer may test prospective employees for the presence of drugs, but must first inform prospective employees that they must undergo testing. Should the prospective employee refuse to provide a sample, or should the sample test positive, the employer may refuse to hire the prospective employee.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled