LuckyGunner.com was founded in 2009 to revolutionize the way Americans buy ammunition online. Since then, we have grown into one of the internet’s largest ammunition retailers and one of the most respected sources of firearms-related content.
One of the keys to our success is our competency in software development. We need help further disrupting the industry by building on our reputation for providing one of the best online shopping experiences around.
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer: a meticulous, warm, and driven “A-player” who will work alongside our team to continuously improve our front and back-end experiences. We aren’t looking to hire someone to help us change the color of our buttons. We need someone who can solve real business problems and transform our customers’ experience through technology and development.
The ideal developer is motivated, autonomous, and able to take control of a project and progress independently. He or she is interested in finding solutions to hard problems, has previously contributed to open-source projects, and is passionate about quality code craftsmanship. The developer will be joining our team of experienced Magento developers and will be working in our Knoxville office.
The Senior Full Stack Developer will be responsible for:
- Interfacing between stakeholders and other developers to solve business issues through software solutions.
- Architecting and developing software systems to support both the e-commerce storefront and back-office applications.
- Maintaining and updating user-facing storefront components.
- Debugging and fixing issues within our codebase.
- Reviewing and approving code from our development team.
- Integrating our systems with third-party APIs.
- 5+ years with PHP.
- 5+ years with HTML/CSS.
- 3+ years with a VCS system (Git preferred).
- 4+ years with SQL and writing complex queries (we use MySQL/MariaDB).
- Intermediate experience with Linux-based systems.
- 5+ years Magento Framework Experience (Magento 1 / Magento 2).
- Experience planning and designing software projects, including schema design and technology decisions.
- DevOps / AWS
Applicants will be required to take a series of skills assessment tests.
We hate to use the cliche “it depends on experience,” but in this case it really does. Compensation will be based on the candidate’s credentials and abilities. We are willing to pay for top level talent.
As a full-time employee, the Senior Full Stack Developer will be eligible to enroll in our health insurance plan. We don’t offer any other traditional benefits (401k, life insurance, cell phone, etc.) because we believe it can lead to a paternalistic culture that discourages individual decision-making. We understand this approach is unique, but we take this into account in setting salaries. Whereas most companies offer 9 units of compensation and 1 unit of benefits, we simply offer 10 units of compensation. We believe our employees can choose how best to take care of themselves (or not).
We push hard to give our customers the best ammo buying experience in the world. If you have the horsepower to play a significant part in helping us meet that goal, you’ll be rewarded. Employees who establish a track record of success and high levels of motivation will quickly enjoy greater responsibility.
Powered by JazzHR