Job Description: Aerodyne Industries is a dynamic, rapidly growing engineering and information technology services firm headquarteredon Florida’s exciting Space Coast. With locations throughout the US, we take pride in delivering small business agility with large corporation capabilities. Our list of clients count on us to prepare NASA’s Missionsto the Moon and Mars andto defendour nation supporting the Missile Defense Agency and Department of Defense. Join the adventure of a lifetime by becoming a teammate with Aerodyne Industries and work on projects that will define our future.
Seeking a senior level full stack web developer to join an Agile software development team to develop and enhance a suite of web applications for space and aeronautics related science missions (see “Projects” below for additional information). These applications consists of web portals, custom-built workflows, data consolidation and integration solutions, search engines, and reporting tools for
The work is primarily to advance the objectives of the Aeronautics Flight Data Portal (AFDP) , however, will include contributions to NASA’s NEO, S3VI, and FOP IT/data systems.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Software development and DevOps as an individual contributor
- Provide guidance to junior team members in areas of technology adoption, architecture, design, optimization, web application security, integration and test, CI/CD, and software engineering best practices
- Ensure milestone compliance; identify, communicate, and help address issues
- Collaborate with team members to address the requirements associated with User Acceptance Test (UAT) plans and the relevant software QA/testing documentation as well as black-box and white-box testing and the maintenance of the continuous integration/continuous (CI/CD) delivery system
- Interface with external users and stakeholders to develop requirements, deploy solutions, and conduct root-cause analysis.
Job Requirements: Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering
- 4-6 years of experience developing web based data systems and portals
- Significant hands-on experience with
- Strong OOP/OOD
- 4 years C/C++
- 2 years Java
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) – UNIX/Linux shell scripting
- JSON and XML data interchange formats
- Developing RESTful APIs
- Experience with XQuery, XPath, XML Schemas, XSLT for legacy XML data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Master’s in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering.
- Java Native Interface (JNI)
- Knowledge of data formats (e.g. HDF5) relavant to Aeronautics data domain
- PHP and Python
Aeronautics Flight Data Portal (AFDP) project
In collaboration with Armstrong Flight Research Center (AFRC) project team, the project is to modernize and convert a legacy flight data system called FDAS into a web-based enterprise system with improved key system capabilities/functionalities. The AFDP data portal is to archive all test flight data for the four NASA centers involved in flight testing along with contextual information needed to understand and analyze the data, including, mission overviews, flight profiles, daily summaries, mission debriefs.
The Near Earth Objects (NEO) characterization group within the NASA Ames Research Center’s (ARC) planetary defense project is building an online, web-based resources for the planetary defense community to collate and disseminate physical characteristics of Near Earth Asteroids (NEA) and Meteorites in an attempt to proactively respond to potential collision threats: https://www.nasa.gov/planetarydefense/neoo
The Small Spacecraft Systems Virtual Institute (S3VI) is a virtual multi-institutional and multi-disciplinary virtual collaboration institute within the small spacecraft research community with the mission to advance the field of small spacecraft systems and allied sciences. The S3VI common web portal performs data consolidation, integration, and federated search capabilities with designated small satellite and spacecraft domain data products and heterogeneous domain specific data sources: https://www.nasa.gov/smallsat-institute
The Flight Opportunities Program (FOP) is a program in the NASA Space Technology Mission Directorate (STMD) with the strategic objective of transforming NASA missions and advancing U.S. spaceflight capabilities with innovative space technologies. Flight Opportunities seeks to increase the availability and affordability of space technology flight tests by employing commercial flight services and developmental partnerships. This project supports the software development and testing of the Flight Opportunities Reporting System (FORS) under FOP. Additional NASA public site reference: https://www.nasa.gov/directorates/spacetech/flightopportunities/index.html
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
This position is eligible for Level 2 Employee Referral Award Program – To complete the referral form please follow the link below or scan the QR code:
Location: Ames Research Center – Mount View, CA 94035 US (Primary)
Clearance Required: None
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Career Level: Mid Level Career 5+ years
Date Needed By:
Job Type: Full-time