Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
We are seeking a Senior Java Software Developer to join the Paycard team in designing and developing proprietary software in a secure and high transaction based environment. We are looking for well-rounded developers who have a proven track record of delivering scalable and robust business applications. You must be capable of designing and developing new functionality as well as consistently producing on-going scheduled maintenance releases.
- Implement Java based solutions to enterprise-level scalability, performance, and availability problems
- Maintain a suite of existing applications by implementing new features and fixing critical bugs
- Collaborate with other engineers on code reviews, design documentation, and process enhancements
- Ensure that unit and system tests are automated and complete per requirements
- Adhere to current documentation standards and produce necessary documentation for training and compliance
- BS/MS in CS or equivalent required, or equivalent work experience
- Strong Java skills and object oriented design experience, including working knowledge of core libraries and design patterns]
- Experience with Spring and Spring Boot is required
- Experience with microservice development is required
- Significant experience with Java automated test frameworks – JUnit, Spring WebTest, RestAssured, etc.
- Experience integrating with RDBMS and NoSQL databases as well as middle-tier application server architecture
- Experience with Hibernate or any other ORM is a plus
- Experience with agile development methodologies desired
- Working knowledge of current software security technologies (encryption, authentication, etc.), and their incorporation into software systems
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and an interest in working in a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results, prioritize activities, and to manage time effectively
- As provided in NetSpend’s Background Check policy, eligible candidates may be subject to drug, criminal history and credit checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state and federal laws
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.