At POET, it is our mission to be good stewards of the Earth by converting renewable resources to energy and other valuable goods as effectively as humanly possible. For over thirty years our drive and passion to change the world has enabled us to become the largest producer and marketer of bioethanol and leader in bio-based products in the world. Beyond our world-class culture, POET team members enjoy competitive pay and benefits including:
- Attractive Relocation Assistance and Bonus Programs for qualifying positions and/or locations
- Competitive pay, including shift premium pay for qualifying positions
- Quarterly Profit-Sharing Bonuses, and Bi-Annual Incentive Bonuses
- Individual and family plans for health, dental, & vision insurance, including a generous employer Health Savings Account contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- A multifaceted wellness program encompassing the whole person – mentally, physically, and spiritually
- Onsite fitness centers or fitness reimbursements
- 401K with company match
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Excellent work-life balance with a ‘family-first’ culture
- Safety and cold weather gear reimbursements
- Discounted home and auto insurance
Our Senior Mechanical Engineer uses creativity and problem solving to design state of the art projects, implement technological advancements, and stretch their talent. The Senior Mechanical Engineer works with Engineers from multiple disciplines to develop knowledge and gain new skills. While our Senior Mechanical Engineers are expected to have common knowledge of engineering concepts, practices, and procedures, there is a lot of opportunity to grow within POET!
DURING A TYPICAL DAY (IF THERE IS ONE)…
- Work with the design team to define project needs, work though layout considerations, and find creative solutions to objectives.
- Design, analyze, and specify process piping systems, various equipment, HVAC systems, and plumbing systems.
- Prepare, review, and approve drawings produced by the Mechanical Engineering team.
- Estimate costs, resource, and material needs for projects.
- Work with vendors and contractors on various tasks, including bid packages, specifications, ordering materials and equipment, approving drawings and specifications, and aiding in installation oversight.
- Meet all safety, budget, and schedule requirements.
- Assist in new technology research and testing to improve processes.
- Assist with on-site commissioning and start-up activities.
- Provide on-going engineering support to other POET groups and facilities.
- Foster a culture of safe behavior and environmental compliance at all times.
- Maintain a team environment at all times and champion POET in the community
- Since we’re all about teamwork and getting the job done, your skill may be put to a lot of other uses!
STRENGTHS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Agricultural, Milling, or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent engineering field, required.
- Experience requirements:
- Senior Mechanical Engineer: 12 or more years of overall experience with 10 or more years of experience in a related industry.
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering examination.
- Professional Engineer [PE] is required.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to adapt to change.
- You communicate effectively in writing and in person.
- You have the ability to understand technical and day to day operation of a bioprocessing facility.
- You know the basics of Microsoft Office Suite. You’re capable of learning new programs.
At POET we believe in developing our team members to their highest potential and recognizing contributions that add value to the organization. Each new team member’s position and compensation are carefully determined by considering their unique qualifications and skillset.
- Culture is king at POET. We’re all on the same team. We always communicate. And we park our egos at the door. These aren’t just slogans on our walls. It’s the way we do things at POET.
- Up to 25% travel will be part of the norm for this position to visit the bioprocessing facilities for meetings, project development, construction oversight, and commissioning and startup activities. At times overnight travel may be required.
- The work environment at POET is dynamic. You should expect a balance between time spent in the office and at the bioprocessing facility, which may include some physical labor helping your team members.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). POET complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding hiring and employment. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.