Wherever you work and whatever role you fill, when you represent the Bridgestone name you know that you are a valued teammate who is part of our larger mission to “Serve Society with Superior Quality.” We start by offering each teammate more than just a salary. We provide formal training, competitive performance incentives, paid vacation and holidays, healthcare packages for full-time and part-time employees, and a 401k plan to help build your future.
We believe people can only provide superior service and quality to others when they are allowed to bring their whole selves to work and know they are supported. We believe in championing all perspectives, individuals and teams because we understand the importance of seeing the world and our business through many different lenses. We are building a team as diverse as the world we serve. So, show us what you’re made of. Show us the smart stuff, the tough stuff, the bold, beautiful and brave stuff. Because who you are is what we need.
Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee and is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation headquartered in Japan. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand products to address the needs of a broad range of customers and industries.
Business Unit BAMG – Des Moines
Management Level Professional
Job Category Engineering & Science
Position Summary Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, one of the world’s leading tire manufacturers, has an immediate job opening for a Senior Process Engineer at the Des Moines Agricultural Tire Plant. Firestone Agricultural Tires (FSAG) is the industry leader in the manufacturing, marketing, and sale of market-leading Firestone brand agricultural tires. The Des Moines facility represents Bridgestone’s only Ag tire plant in North America and manufactures approximately 90% of all Ag products that Firestone sells in the U.S. and Canada.
The Senior Process Engineering position focuses on designing, developing, and implementing new or revised processes and products. A Senior Professional position applies advanced knowledge of a job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience. Problems faced are difficult and sometimes complex.
In this role, the Senior Process Engineer will set and monitor various parameters for the tire manufacturing process and in conjunction with other functional teammates make recommendations and develop and implement improvement plans to ensure quality and the most efficient and productive operations.
- Works on process problems of moderate scope and assists with projects or processes while receiving general instructions from higher level professionals.
- Designs equipment and processes to ensure most efficient and productive operations.
- Work with Plant Engineering to implement new programs, design changes and running changes.
- Develop capital investment and timing plans for manufacturing equipment of new programs or program changes.
- Evaluate manufacturing feasibility of new product and product changes and studies.
- Drive continuous improvement in safety, quality, cost, and productivity.
- Plans sequence of operations and specifies procedures for preparing materials and operating equipment.
- Determines process design by balancing process cost, yield, and material waste considerations.
- Conducts tests throughout all stages of processing to determine control over applicable variables and prevents/solves process problems.
- Support new production line or machine trials and new product builds.
- Develop and update process related documentation such as blueprints, equipment manuals, process instructions and plant layouts.
- Provide technical support for improvement and maintenance actions. Work to improve machine uptime and develop wellness actions.
- Work with suppliers and Plant Engineering to purchase, design, fabricate, run off and install equipment and raw materials.
- Utilize standardized processes and maintain process discipline to implement improvements.
- Supports continuous improvement/automation activities.
5 years of related experience with a bachelor’s of science degree in Chemical Engineering or related discipline; or 3 years and a master’s degree; or equivalent work experience.
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.