College Station, TX
About the Company
Our client is providing a knowledge-based hub that excels in highly technical, multi-discipline water and wastewater designs. They specialized in large, high-volume, custom plant projects with advanced technologies.
Founded in 1919, our client is an employee-owned multidisciplined engineering, planning, and environmental services firm with more than 1,000 employees across the United States. They offer a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities, federal, survey, transportation, water, and wastewater. They sit in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record’s prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for.
- Responsible for process design and management in support of Water Services Group projects company-wide.
- Handle the diversity in high-volume, custom plant projects will allow this senior engineer the opportunity to be hands-on with design, directly involved with clients, provide mentorship to team members and actively participate in marketing initiatives.
- Serve as a Design Phase Manager leading project teams, coordinating schedules, monitoring budgets, and ensuring delivery of quality work products that adhere to the company standardization.
- Responsible for performing a wide array of design tasks related to water and wastewater facilities, such as:
- Lead the design of water and wastewater treatment processes
- Lead the development of design criteria from analysis of water and wastewater process modeling data
- Support of water and wastewater process evaluation, selection, and implementation
- Hydraulic analysis of water and wastewater treatment plants
- Pump selection and pump station design
- Chemical storage and feed system design
- Blower sizing and blower system design
- Mechanical equipment selection
- Piping and instrumentation drawing production
- Specification and Contract document preparation
- Support of construction projects
- Oversee the development of construction drawings, and 3D models
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, environmental, chemical or mechanical engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 10 or more years of similar experience with no less than 6 years of direct design experience
- Previous experience as engineer in responsible charge of process design, including detailed plans and specifications, for water and wastewater treatment plant improvements projects
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
- Strong communication skills as required to manage project designs and project teams
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook.
- Master’s degree in Environmental, Civil, Agricultural, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- Experience with biological modeling softwares such as BioWin, GPS-X, and Sumo.
- Previous experience with plumbing, fire protection, life safety, and building mechanical systems typical to water and wastewater facilities designed for occupation.
- Active participation in local professional organizations.