About the Company
Our client is providing a knowledge-based hub that excels in highly technical, multi-discipline water and wastewater designs. They specialized in large, high-volume, custom plant projects with advanced technologies.
Founded in 1919, our client is an employee-owned multidisciplined engineering, planning, and environmental services firm with more than 1,000 employees across the United States. They offer a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities, federal, survey, transportation, water, and wastewater. They sit in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record’s prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for.
- Taking projects from conceptual planning to bid ready documents, including facility and equipment layouts, design calculations, process modeling, equipment vendor coordination, management and coordination of support discipline activities, coordination with regional offices and regulatory agencies, as well as quality assurance and control.
- Leading projects, teams, coordinating schedules, monitoring budgets, and ensuring delivery of quality work products that adhere to The Company’s standardization.
- Responsible for performing a wide array of design tasks related to water and wastewater facilities, such as:
- Lead the design of water and wastewater treatment processes
- Lead the development of design criteria from analysis of water and wastewater process modeling data
- Support of water and wastewater process evaluation, selection, and implementation
- Hydraulic analysis of water and wastewater treatment plants
- Pump selection and pump station design
- Chemical storage and feed system design
- Blower sizing and blower system design
- Mechanical equipment selection
- Piping and instrumentation drawing production
- Specification and Contract document preparation
- Support of construction projects
- Oversee the development of construction drawings, and 3D models
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, environmental, chemical, or mechanical engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 10+ years of similar experience with no less than 6 years of direct design experience
- Previous experience as engineer in responsible charge of process design, including detailed plans and specifications, for water and wastewater treatment plant improvements projects
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
- Strong communication skills as required to manage project designs and project teams
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook.
- Master’s degree in Environmental, Civil, Agricultural, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- Experience with biological modeling software’s such as BioWin, GPS-X, and Sumo.
- Previous experience with plumbing, fire protection, life safety, and building mechanical systems typical to water and wastewater facilities designed for occupation.
- Active participation in local professional organizations.