Syms Strategic Group
Syms Strategic Group (SSG) is seeking a talented Senior Software Developer
Department: Veterans Affairs
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Experienced
Security Clearance Level: Public Trust (MBI)
Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs maintenance and enhancements on a large-scale project impacting 10+ million Veterans
- Capable of tracking large data sets through multiple layers of transitions: Incoming FTP, File parsing, Database storage, Data extraction, outgoing FTP
- Monitoring log files and system processes for any kind of failure
- Comfortable working in a production environment
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Back-end software development experience
- Can read and follow code effectively
- Capable of troubleshooting errors, finding root causes, resolving failure in real time, and recommending permanent fixes to the development team
- Flexible to learning and supporting new systems as they enter production
- Able to work with nontechnical business representatives to fulfill their requests
Required Skills and Experience
- Java: 3+ years experience
- Web (Angular/NodeJS): 5+ years
- Cloud (AWS,, Azure): 2+ years
- Desired: .Net
- Desired: EDI Healthcare Claims
- Must have outstanding communications skills and the ability to work with large scale, geographically dispersed teams.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software/Systems Engineering, or equivalent technical degree
U.S. Citizenship required for this specific opportunity.
Years of Professional Experience
3+ years Java
5+ years Angular/NodeJS
2+ years Cloud (AWS or Azure)
Security Clearance Requirements
Must possess or qualify for a Public Trust (MBI)
CRITICAL NOTES: * SSG will not make assumptions regarding your qualifications. Your answers to the mandatory screening questions must be supported by the information on your resume. Applications with inconsistencies will not be considered.
- Recruiters or Third parties will not be considered
- This is a 100% remote position. Applicants from CA, CO, NJ, NY will not be considered. All other U.S. based locations may be considered based upon individual qualifications.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience supporting large scale federal government projects
U.S Citizenship is required for this specific opportunity. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
Syms Strategic Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.
Powered by JazzHR
Syms Strategic Group