About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family , we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Meet the Team:
The Perception team is responsible for developing perception algorithms to detect and identify objects for Torc’s autonomous driving systems, allowing the system to understand and react to the environment around the vehicle in real-time. Our algorithms utilize 3D point cloud data from LiDAR and objects detected in radar returns. The team also implements the sensor fusion algorithms that combine this data and provide probabilistic state estimation.
What you’ll do:
Torc’s perception team is looking for a software developer in Test (SDET) to assist in testing the perception software stack. In this position, you will work with perception development teams throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC). You will participate in requirements and design reviews to gain a deep knowledge of the software stack. You will create and automate tests to ensure safety-critical quality standards are achieved.
- Work alongside engineering teams to derive testing requirements
- Work with the development team to create test plans, test cases, and test reports
- Executing test cases and analyzing results
- Review and support diagnoses of reported bugs
- Design and develop test infrastructure and tools to support automated test suites
- Build test tools to support data analytics
- Work with other teams within the cross-functional department to support testing goals in a scaled agile environment
- Estimate testing tasks
What you’ll need to succeed:
- B.S. Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- 3+ years of industry experience writing test cases, manual testing, and developing automated tests
- Experience with programming languages such as C, C , Java, Python
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex software and hardware systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Masters in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- Experience working on an agile scrum team
- Experience working with software repositories tools such as Bitbucket and GitHub
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Computer Deployment (CI/CD)
- Experience and knowledge of multithreading applications
- Experience with synthetic sensor simulation
- Experience working with sensors such as Lidar and radar
- Experience developing multi-threaded applications
- Experience developing or testing safety-critical software in the automotive, aerospace, or related industries
Perks of being a Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members, and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Full coverage of monthly medical premiums for full-time employees
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Leadership development training
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.