There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: Vereinigte Staaten (US) – Kansas – Coffeyville
Function: Engineering (CA)
Title: Senior Software Engineer – 96347
This position is eligible for a flexible work schedule or partial telework arrangement at the present time. The arrangement may be delayed for training or other job acclimation purposes and remains subject to change.
As a Senior Software Engineer for the John Deere Coffeyville Works located in Coffeyville, KS, you will be a technical lead on a software and controls team responsible for the development of embedded software for John Deere Drivetrain products.
Your role on the team will lead embedded software development projects with an emphasis on utilizing plant modeling to support Model Based Software Development (MBSD) best practices.
- Work closely with hardware development teams to create plant models that can be used to fully understand the physics of our hardware and utilize Model Based Software Development (MBSD) to develop robust embedded control algorithms.
- Implement software unit tests, Model in the Loop (MIL), and Hardware in the Loop (HIL) test plans.
- Evaluation, tuning, and testing of software of products in the test lab and in the field.
VISA Sponsorship is NOT Available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 5 or more years of software development experience with MATLAB Simulink
- 5 or more years delivering embedded software projects.
- 5 or more years of experience with C++ and other programming languages
- Working knowledge of J1939 CAN protocol.
What Makes You Stand Out
- Project experience with plant modeling software such as Amesim, Simscape, etc.
- Hands-on background with off-highway machinery, drivetrain, or powertrain hardware.
- Experience with continuous integration development and automated build tools
- Experience with GitHub workflow and best practices
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Software/Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Agricultural Engineering
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Follow this link to learn more about our Total Rewards Package
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company’s board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.