Salary starts at $87,893 annually. Rate of pay depends on qualifications.
The Senior Web Developer is responsible for designing, building, delivering and sustaining SAWS enterprise systems while providing the most favorable user experience. This position conceives and transforms business requirements into Internet-based applications to support SAWS business.
- Designs and transforms business ideas and requirements into application design mockups while maintaining SAWS key values and branding strategies.
- Manage, migrates, designs, develops and maintains WordPress sites.
- Designs, develops, documents and manages web-based applications using Microsoft technologies such as .NET framework 4.5+ / ASP.NET / C# / VB.NET.
- Utilizes advanced concepts of database protocols related to SQL and Oracle and stored procedures.
- Installs, configures, maintains, tunes, analyzes and optimizes websites at all software levels (UI, Application, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer).
- Integrates web-based applications using front end frameworks to REST and SOAP third-party and in-house web services.
- Assesses and identifies HTML and scripting compatibility issues between various browsers in order to assess the benefits of the various design methodologies and object-oriented environments.
- Partners with business units and Information Systems teams to provide guidance on the development of strategies when building new systems, improving existing functionality or transitioning to new systems.
- Prioritizes and schedules work demand managing initiatives within established scope, quality and customer satisfaction targets.
- Translates functional requirements into technical design documents that outline features and technical specifications.
- Conducts usability testing for Web pages and Web applications before implementation.
- Assists in evaluating third-party products and services for accomplishing Web strategies beyond the scope of in-house capabilities in order to achieve a portfolio of working applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position works under limited supervision and will serve as an Applications Team project lead for development initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field from an institution accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
- Six years’ experience in the following: web-based applications development, designing UI/UX mockups preferably using tools such as Figma or Adobe Illustrator and designing mobile-first front end web applications using CSS frameworks such as bootstrap, including five years’ Web design and three years’ experience with Object Oriented Programming and entity Framework: ASP/.NET/VB.NET and with SQL Server (12.0 + preferred) and stored procedures.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field from an institution accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and computer science foundations, such as memory management and low-level algorithm performance.
- Deep knowledge of the .NET 4.5+ Framework, including Visual Studio 2015+, VB.NET, C#, .Net Core, and ADO.NET.
- Proficient in the use of front-end frameworks such as REACT, Angular, JQuery.
- Experience on Mobile Application Development.
- Previous experience as lead front end developer.
- Microsoft certifications are a plus.
- Fluent in the use of HTML and Web front-end application languages.
- Proficient in the use of industry-standard Web authoring tools, graphic and desktop publishing software, relational database software applications, and Win XP or higher versions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal customers, industry peers and consultants.
- Self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills.
- Ability to in facilitate team and client meetings and deliver informative, well-organized presentations.
- Ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical requirements include lifting up to 20 pounds occasionally. Subject to sitting and/or standing for long periods of time. Requires visual acuity, speech and hearing. May operate a company or personal vehicle. Working conditions are primarily in an office environment with occasional field visits.
May be required to work hours other than regular schedule such as nights, weekends and on-call shifts.