University of Colorado | CU Denver
Senior Web Developer
Position #00684614 – Requisition #28754
- Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at *
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:
Exemptions vary by campus location/department.
CU Denver Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.
The University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
University Communications has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Web Development Manager position.
The University of Colorado Denver is the state’s premier public urban research university and equity-serving institution. Globally connected and locally invested, CU Denver partners with future-focused learners and communities to design accessible, relevant, transformative educational experiences for every stage of life and career. Across eight schools and colleges in the heart of downtown Denver, our leading faculty inspires and works alongside students to solve complex challenges through boundary-breaking innovation and impactful research and creative work. As part of the state’s largest university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with 2,000 employees and annual economic impact of more than $800 million. For more information, visit
The senior web developer ensures that the website is used as an effective, strategic tool for university marketing efforts and any other critical online business functions within that overall responsibility. The web development manager develops and tracks analytics (provides measurement, actionable insights and recommendations on site performance) of ucdenver.edu; develops, implements and troubleshoots web services and solutions; and trains users on the content management systems.
This position will have experience in project management and be extremely organized in task management. This role will collaborate with subject matter experts to ensure that the website and it’s content is relevant and high performing.
This position reports to the Assistant Vice Chancellor, Marketing & Digital Strategy.
This position may supervise student employees
Examples of Work Performed
- Develop, implement, and manage the front-end and back-end functionality of websites, applications, and services in Sitefinity CMS.
- Design wireframes and prototypes to demonstrate new webpages before development. Collaborate with designers to develop style guides and templates to optimize CU Denver’s online brand image, site functionality, and accessibility; work to build and improve tools that support the best use of those styles and templates.
- Collaborate with the UCOMM team and campus partners on developing web-related services for the university, shared projects, and overall web strategies, including providing input and feedback on creative work.
- Ensure news content is presented logically to meet our strategic goals and the needs of our primary audience.
- Design and program newsroom within the WordPress CMS. Create and edit custom templates within the WordPress CMS.
- Assist UCOMM team with inputting articles into the newsroom; develop training guides for the UCOMM team to build content; edit and upload photos for news articles; add slideshows and other visual media to CMS.
- Create analytics dashboard reports to inform the performance of various sites and campaigns.
- Assist with generating and administering effective UTM tracking codes to support digital campaigns, and provide reports as needed.
- Create and manage a streamlined alert site within the CMS. Be on-call 24/7 for emergency updates to the alert site and university homepage.
- Administer website hosting and domain registration providers used for various marketing campaigns; maintain a catalog of all registered accounts with login and passwords.
- Collaborate with UCOMM members to ensure marketing needs and goals are compatible with hosting providers.
- Assist with campus events or emergencies — in some cases, during extended hours.
- Investigate and implement new web-related technologies, which may be related to security, user interface design, programming frameworks and methodologies, database solutions, and communication protocols/schemes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, marketing, or related field of study.
- 3 years website design, development, and administration.
Required: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
Conditions of Employment
This position will be required to be on-site a minimum of 4 days per week.
- Firm grasp of good user design, site architecture and usability.
- Good eye for graphic design.
- Familiar with 501-3c compliance as it applies to web accessible content.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Slate or other similar CRM, and Email list management.
- Background in news media or public relations.
- Database management.
- WordPress, Drupal or similar CMS and PHP templates.
- Adobe Photoshop, and/or Illustrator.
- Proficient in Drupal, WordPress, Sitefinity, or other similar content management systems.
- MS Office.
- Firm grasp of web content and email marketing best-practices.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Salary and Benefits
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $62,653 to $79,695.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator:
Diversity and Equity
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at .
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community, and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
University of Colorado