emagine is a leading full-service digital agency with a passion for health and a focus on providing exceptional services to B2B clients in the healthcare and life sciences space. Our clients are saving, extending and improving lives – and we’re connecting them to the patients, caregivers and healthcare professionals who need them. With 25+ years of experience working with 2,000+ brands, we’re one of the most experienced teams in Digital-First marketing for the healthcare and life sciences sectors.
Join a company with a friendly and relaxed culture that encourages employees to bring new ideas to the table and to take accountability for their work!
The company is currently looking for a highly skilled Senior WordPress Developer to join the team and contribute to creating web solutions with the goal of creating efficiencies that reduce the duration of projects.
As the new member of the team, you will:
- Modify emagine-created Gutenberg blocks
- Create new custom Gutenberg blocks from scratch
- Create Advanced Custom Fields blocks when a faster turnaround is required
- Turn design-provided mockups into fully functional WordPress sites
- Use Github to contribute code to each project
- Log time against projects using Harvest
- Contribute to scoping conversations with project teams
- Manage project tasks with Asana
- Contribute to internal projects
The onboarding process will include:
→ Week 3: Start a ReactJS course, pull request review process for internal contributions, and contribute to a Client project alongside a peer developer or a Technical Director.
→Week 4: Continue the ReactJS course, and continue contributing to the Client project and internal projects. Discuss taking ownership of the Client project.
This is a full-time role, and you need to have at least 5 hours of overlap between 8 AM and 5 PM US EST.
To excel in this role, you need:
- Experience as a WordPress Developer
- Experience with developing Gutenberg blocks using ReactJS or Advanced Custom Fields, with the majority of experience without using page builders (Elementor, Divi, BeaverBuilder, etc…)
- Experience with ReactJS
- Knowledge of modern HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of PHP 8
- Knowledge of Git (we use GitHub)
Brownie points for experience with:
- WordPress coding standards
- Node / NPM
We’re looking for a candidate who is passionate about their work and is self-motivated to excel in their role, with a strong desire to learn more and a willingness to collaborate with the rest of the team. You need to have excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate in a timely manner, taking accountability and ownership of your work. If you possess these qualities and are looking to join a dynamic team, go ahead and apply!
What’s in it for you?
- $4500 – $6000* per month
- 10 Company Holidays per year
- 10 Paid Vacation days per year (after you’ve been with the company for 6 months)
- 5 sick days off
- Opportunities for growth & salary increases
*Please note that this is a gross salary and that you are responsible for any tax-related procedures in your country of residence. We kindly ask you to apply only if you are happy to work remotely as an independent contractor.
This position will be closed as soon as we find the perfect match. So, make sure to read the description carefully and take your time to submit a high-quality application that stands out.
If you apply, JobRack will respond promptly and keep you updated throughout the process.
Please expect the hiring process to include:
1 – Filling in the application form once you click “Apply”
2 – Upload your CV
3 – Short interview with a technical recruiter
4 – Coding test, if short-listed
5 – Attending video interviews with the hiring company where you will have the opportunity to talk more about your previous experience and the new role
Applications are only accepted through JobRack. emagine has specifically requested that you do not contact them directly. If you have any questions please contact us using
To make sure you receive updates on your application please add email@example.com to your email address book.
Got questions about working remotely? Check out JobRack’s FAQ for answers to everything you might want to know.