The ServiceNow Software Development Engineer acts as a Business Consultant for ServiceNow Transformational Services, assisting the Solution Architect with design and platform architecture. The ServiceNow Development Engineer is able to assess the business impact of specific technologies and proposed strategies and to identify and address technical or operational risks.
- Engineers ServiceNow IT Service Management (ITSM) Implementation for Incident, Problem, Change, Event, and Schedule Management, to include workflows, business rule customization, and scripting
- Proposes the shared data needs between the Configuration Management Database (CMDB), Asset Management, and Configuration Management
- Utilizes current best practices for CMDB procedures and provides input or feedback for continuous improvement
- Plans for data ingestion from different legacy sources, makes design decisions on that data, and works to reconcile data based on the chosen authoritative source
- ServiceNow Service Portal Implementation and Customization
- Develops Service Portal widgets and capabilities
- Leverages UI policies, UI actions, and client scripts
- ServiceNow Orchestration
- Develops Workflows
- Implements ServiceNow users, groups, roles, and ACL management
- Develops applications and modules using scripted REST APIs and customized notifications, approvals, and inbound email actions
- Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance with Polygraph
- A Bachelor’s Degree OR advanced degree in a related field
- A minimum of 5 years’ technical experience
- Experience working on complex ServiceNow projects where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- At least a minimal understanding of a scripting language (Java is preferred)
- ServiceNow Administrator Certificate OR ability to secure it
- Strong technical background in Cloud Architecture
- Knowledge of at least one operating system: Linux, Unix, Windows
- Prior experience as an administrator or architect in any of the well-known operating systems is helpful
- Knowledge of networking protocols: TCP/IP, IP addresses, HTTP, DNS
- A high-level understanding of key security concepts, such as firewall design
Stillwater is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected class. If you need assistance with the application process due to a disability, please contact us at 571-525-2482.
Why Stillwater: Stillwater was ranked as the 14th BEST PLACE TO WORK – 2020 in Washington, DC Area–by the Washington Business Journal.
Stillwater Human Capital, LLC.