Infinity Consulting Solutions
Software Application Developer
Full-time permanent position with one of the world’s largest Aerospace, Defense, & Space organizations, at their Herndon, VA site. In terms of their work environment, it doesn’t get much better than this. Business casual work environment, flexible schedules, great benefits, bonuses, a generous PTO policy, 401k match, top medical/dental etc. Employees are encouraged to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products.
The GEOINT Repository for Needs (GRFN) Program, currently entering its third year of a 5- year contract with the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency (NGA), provides critical capabilities to help enable efficient and timely GEOINT collection management across multiple collection providers. The GEOINT Information Management Services (GIMS) system operates on multiple security levels and combines FOSS/COTS software/hardware with a custom built application to meet critical mission objectives. The program is structured utilizing DevSecOps and Agile methodologies. These software development methodologies emphasize communication, collaboration (information sharing and web service usage), integration, automation, and measurement of cooperation between software developers and other IT professionals. Operational stability is the program’s number one priority. As a member of the Development Team, the selected individual will be required to be part of an agile scrum team and be knowledgeable in numerous development tools and technologies.
The selected individual will be assigned to a scrum team within the development organization supporting numerous activities to include:
- Planning, conducting, and coordinating agile software development activities.
- Designing, developing, documenting, testing, and debugging software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to critical mission issues.
- Applying the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
- Applying knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software.
- Correcting program errors, compiling documentation of program development, and analyzing system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
- Ensuring software standards are defined and me
Basic Qualifications :
– Java development experience
– Ability to work with XML
– Proven experience in COTS/FOSS integration and support
– Ability to troubleshoot and navigate multiple operating system environments including LINUX/Windows
– Ability to learn and implement new technologies
– Bachelor’s degree or higher in the field of computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics, or
other related scientific or technical discipline
– Clearance – TS/SCI
Desired skills :
Big data technologies to include: Data Ingest (JSON, Kafka, Microservices, Elastic Search), Analytics (HIVE, SPARK, R, PIG, OOZIE
workflows), Elasticsearch, Hadoop (HIVE data, OOZIE, Spark, PIG, IMPALA, HUE), COTS
Integration (Knowi, MongoDB, Oracle, MySQL RDS, Elastic, Logstash, Kibana, Zookeeper, Consul, HADOOP/HDFS), Docker and Chef)
– Experience working with ESRI products
– Experience with Oracle database management
Infinity Consulting Solutions