Annual Salary Range: $145,000 – $250,000 (based on experience level)
Build Something to Be Proud Of.
Captivation Software has built a reputation on providing customers exactly what is needed in a timely manner. Our team of engineers take pride in what they develop and constantly innovate to provide the best solution. Captivation Software currently has an immediate opening for an Intermediate Software Defined Radio (SDR) Software Developer. This is a full-time position on-site at Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), Maryland. The SDR Software Developer will develop software for SDR applications in support of leading-edge Department of Defense (DoD) C5ISR (Command, Control, Computers, Communications, Cyber, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance) missions.
Join a fast-paced team focused on hands-on software application development including C/C++, Python, Java, etc., systems engineering and integration, and test of Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) and Electronic Support (ES) capabilities. The successful candidate will work with experienced members of the Tactical SIGINT Technology (TST) Team and other Service and Agency partners to leverage existing portfolios and develop new techniques in the real-time Radio Frequency processing domain. You will work with software frameworks including REDHAWK and SALVAGE to port developed capabilities to various hardware configurations in support of Quick Reaction Capability (QRC) and Program of Record (PoR) systems. Work extensively in a Linux development environment (CentOS and RedHat) with Software Defined Radios (SDRs) to implement or design Digital Signal Processing (DSP) solutions. Support existing and future QRC and PoR programs and SIGINT Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in development and testing of relevant demonstrator systems and concepts at various Technical Readiness Levels (TRLs).
Secret Clearance required with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI Clearance upon hire. TS/SCI preferred.
Telework – Limited
- Secret Clearance required with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI Clearance upon hire. TS/SCI preferred.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a computer science, engineering or mathematics discipline, plus 3-5 years of software development experience is required.
- Experience in C/C++ software development with proven competency in learning, enhancing and maintaining existing source code utilizing Git version control.
- Experience in Linux OS environment with proven competency in installing and using software from Linux repositories and source code such as building a C++ GitHub project from source with make, as well as using Linux command line utilities.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical concepts and requirements in SDR applications.
- Experience in one or more SDR frameworks such as GNU Radio / USRP, RTL-SDR, Redhawk, X-MIDAS, Salvage.
- Experience in accurately documenting software (i.e., requirements, flow diagrams, readme, users guide) and managing software bugs, features, epochs, sprints and releases using tools (e.g., JIRA).
- Basic understanding of RF Concepts
A preferred candidate will have experience in the following:
- Software defined radio frameworks (Redhawk, GNU Radio)
- Digital signal processing / RF wireless technologies
- CUDA / OpenCL
- Docker Compose
- Gitlab CI / Jenkins
- Annual Salary Range: $145,000 – $250,000 (based on experience level)
- Up to 20% 401k contribution (no matching required)
- Above market hourly rates
- $3,000 HSA Contribution
- 5 Weeks Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Employee Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance / Life Insurance / Short-Term & Long-Term Disability / AD&D