Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Support to maintain and enhance an existing big data exploitation platform.
- Apply technical resources to accelerate the timely, reliable, and secure delivery of open source data, information, and insights.
- Work within an agile team environment.
- Work will include creating Amazon Web Services (AWS)-based resources; writing, testing, and debugging custom application code; administering database services; and performing data cleaning, formatting, and other forms of data management.
- Work closely with the Sponsor’s product owner and program manager to deliver user stories necessary to realize product vision.
- Coordinate with multiple entities, including mission partners, to ensure tools meet defined requirements.
- Apply an agile approach to software development consistent with the Sponsor’s project management and software development frameworks with a focus on demonstrating and delivering releasable software every iteration.
- Create and maintain JWICS-accessible resources within the Sponsor’s Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud environment.
- Ensure all security vulnerabilities are addressed as appropriate by severity and maintain security accreditation, including maintaining plan of action for vulnerability remediation.
- Maintain all source code in Sponsor-wide, remote Git repository.
- Apply industry best practices (such as, but not specifically Test Driven Development) for ensuring custom application code is comprehensively tested.
- Administer and maintain relational and non-relational transactional database systems within the application security boundary.
- Perform data cleaning and formatting for ingested data ensuring they meet quality and content management standards.
- Requires an active Top Secret/SCI + Poly clearance.
- Requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Experience building and maintaining cloud based platforms.
- Experience administering, securing, and scaling AWS EC2 resources consisting of CentOS/Linux servers with some configured as MySQL database servers.
- Experience developing and maintaining applications using Ruby on Rails with Apache Solr.
- Experience developing software in a DevSecOps environment.
- Experience with modern system architecture patterns, such as event-driven, microservices and MVC architectures.
- Experience maintaining Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines with automated testing and deployment.
- Experience using Git as a source code repository.
- Experience with Angular, React, or Vue.js
- Experience with D3.js or OpenLayers 3
We are seeking a Software Developer to join our team in Reston, VA.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. “Technology moving at the speed of thought” embodies these principles – the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond “STOP”.
Additional Job Information
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Reston, VA
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is Monday- Friday, dayshift. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Active TS/SCI + Poly Clearance
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as “protected status”). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact for assistance.