If you are a sharp individual who likes to explore, investigate, and learn new things every day, this is the job for you!
As a software developer in the Customer Focus Group you will get the opportunity to dive into unfamiliar code with either known or suspected issues, locate those issues, and design a code fix or architecture change to overcome them. To achieve this you will collaborate with technical support engineers on production impacting cases while performing code investigations.
We are looking for an ambitious, hardworking, innovative, self-motivated and quick learning software developer to join our team.
Your Impact & Responsibilities
- Be able to become a technological focal point in a large security oriented group
- Act as a technical bridge between disparate support engineering and software development groups, etc.
- Affect architecture & design decisions for products with install base of thousands of customers
- Create telemetry tests and other tools to better identify issues in products
- Be able to engage with customers and the support engineering teams to understand needs & challenges
Your Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge in Networking & Protocols (L2-4)
- Knowledge of C/C++ desired, open to candidates who have knowledge of other languages (willing to learn C/C++)
- Strong technical writing and documentation skills
- Knowledge in Check Point Network security products
- Strong initiative and a positive attitude with high attention to detail
- Flexibility and versatility, creative thinking, passion to build new systems and improve existing ones
- Ability to work in a result driven, multi-tasking and dynamic environment
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Background in networking (Academic or hands-on) a strong advantage
- Linux knowledge
- Scripting knowledge (bash, perl, awk)
- Kernel development knowledge
- Familiarity with debugging tools (Valgrind, gdb, crash, AddressSanitizer)
Check Point Software