The Defense Mision and Financial Solutions team is seeking an experienced Software Developer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. Put your years of experience into a future of excellence by joining a Peraton team delivering cutting edge technology solutions to our clients. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Design, codes and unit tests enhancements to the health claims processing system.
- Participates as a member of a persistent development team.
- Completes development to implement complex components.
- Works under general direction.
- May participate in design activities
- Demonstrates general use and application of concepts, practices, and techniques.
- Designs, prepares and executes unit tests. Represents team to clients.
- Provides solutions to a variety of problems.
- Contributes to strategic direction for teams.
- Applies technical knowledge to provide maintenance solutions across one or more technology areas
- Applies company and 3rd party technologies to complex software solutions of moderate complexity.
- With only general direction, implements end-user or enterprise solutions of moderate complexity.
- Integrates technical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions for clients.
- Consults with team members and other organizations, clients and vendors on complex issues.
- Provides time / resource estimates for assigned projects.
- May assist in developing innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems in areas of proven expertise.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years, Masters degree with 3-5 years, Phd with 0-2 years or HS with 8-10 years or an equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree requirement with a High School Diploma.
- Experience with mainframe technologies such as COBOL, JCL, CICS, TSO and VSAM.
- Experience with Medicare Part A, Medicare Part B, or Medicare Common Working File (CWF) specific processing systems.
- Experience working with CMS.
- Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps tools and frameworks through plan, define, build, test, release and deploy process.
- SAFe experience and/or certification.
- Modern Technical Skills a plus: Java (JEE), Java EE Design Patterns, Web Services (REST, JSON, Swagger), JCICS (nice to have), OSGi bundles/JAR, UNIX/RHEL/USS, Jira, Confluence, GitHub, Eclipse (IDz/RDz, RBD), JACOCO.
- Demonstrated experience as a software developer in a mainframe environment.
- Demonstrated ability to determine and decompose business requirements.
- Application lifecycle methodology experience specifically Agile/SCRUM.
- Ability to develop application project solutions and estimating.
- Must be a US citizen and able to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
- Knowledge of health care claims processing.
- Able to perform well in a highly rigorous development environment.
- Strong communication skills and technical writing.
- AWS exposure/experience a plus.
At Peraton, our benefits are designed to help keep you at your best beyond the work you do with us daily. We’re fully committed to the growth of our employees. From fully comprehensive medical plans to tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance, and fertility treatment, we are there to support you all the way.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Salary Minimum: $57,500
Salary Mid: $115,000
Salary Maximum: $143,800
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.