- will be relied upon to support the development of software and engineering analyses under the supervision of engineering staff.
- must have general software development and problem solving skills.
- should have working knowledge of evaluation, selection and application of standard engineering methods, techniques, procedures and criteria.
- must possess technical knowledge of the nuclear or mechanical discipline and an ability to work on project teams with other engineers.
- will assist in developing calculations which will evaluate plant performance, safety and reliability.
- should have the ability to follow project Quality Assurance procedures is necessary when tasked.
- should have good client interface/communication skills, as well as ability to coordinate and interface with other disciplines, are a must.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Computer Science/Computer Engineering:
- Experience in the design, and development of complex computer software
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of computer languages, data structures, and software design methods and techniques
- Experience in code walkthroughs and review is required
- Thorough understanding of reactor systems and components
- Demonstrated technical writing and communications skills
- Familiarity with numerical solutions methods, FORTRAN, C and Python based programming languages, and Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems.
- MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an ABET accredited university is desired in addition to the Bachelors in Engineering.
- Knowledge of thermal hydraulics analysis and radiological analysis is desired. Programming experience applying FORTRAN or C-based languages.
Preferred Certification(s) or License(s):
- Professional Engineer-in-Training (EIT) registration or PE license is desired.
Throughout the time in this position, the following tasks may be performed:
- Data and information gathering
- Data manipulation for analysis input
- Performing standard computations and analyses
- Construction of Thermal-Hydraulic and/or Radiological Computer Models
- Performing investigations of issues/problems
- Checking straightforward computations
- Performing programming tasks
- Confirming project requirements, both inputs and outputs, with supervisor or client
- Confirming program operation through testing
- Maintaining computer hardware
- Update and extend legacy applications
- Debug user errors
- Document code in a manner consistent with company standards
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.