Sigma Defense Systems is a leading technology company serving the Department of Defense (DoD), providing tactical communications systems and services for digital modernization since 2006. Through our acquisitions of SOLUTE in January 2022 and Sub U Systems in May 2022, we have expanded our software and communications hardware solutions to better support JADC2, C5ISR, SATCOM, and DEVSECOPS for customers in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Space Force. Through a combination of hardware, software, and industry expertise, we provide a complete portfolio of solutions and services that accelerates information collection and sharing for faster decision making and better mission outcomes. We have positions immediately available for a motivated individual to provide Computer Systems Administration support to one of our Navy customers.
Why would you work for us? Quite simply, the work we do is meaningful and stimulating. We promote initiative and independent thought; we encourage direct client engagement to ensure we are delivering what the customer wants; and our engineers and scientists are working on cutting-edge projects that move the state-of-the-art closer to the people who need them. If you’re looking for technical challenges and an opportunity to take a leadership role in an environment that encourages you to excel, then WE are your destination.
We are a company of innovative professionals thriving in a highly motivating work environment that fosters creativity and independent thinking. If you are a motivated individual with a desire to support our service men and women, now is a great time to join Sigma Defense!
To learn more about our company, find and follow us at .
We are seeking talented and inspired Software Engineers who are interested in a career working with US Navy combat aircraft and associated mission, weapons and combat systems. These state-of-the-art systems require on-going software development and revisions to keep pace with emerging technologies, and we are seeking candidates with practical software development experience to assist with these tasks.
Our Software Engineers are intimately involved in the development of software code used for operation and support of naval aircraft in real-world battlefield environments. Responsibilities will include writing, modifying and adapting aviation-related computer code, and performing research on applications for hardware, software and operating systems. Be part of the team that keeps the Navy flying.
- An active DoD Security Clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics.
- Familiarity with professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, source control management, agile development, build processes, testing and operations.
- Experience in communicating with users, technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and support technical design.
- Keen analytical ability to solve technical problems that arise.
Essential Job Duties (not all-inclusive)
- The Software Developer will work on-site with other development teams.
- Integrate into existing software development cycle (e.g., Standups, Retrospectives)
- Develop and monitor tasking using agile task management systems such as JIRA.
- Design and execute prototype implementations of new systems architecture.
- Work with senior developers to map out integration and implementation requirements.
- Research and recommend novel solutions to implementation challenges.
- Implement overall system architecture in an efficient and elegant manner.
Salary Range: $70,000 – $120,000 annually.
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Medical Insurance to Include an HSA Plan and HRA Plan Which Features a $6,000 Health Reimbursement
- Life and A&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Plan with Company Matching Contributions
- 160 Hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) with Carry-Over up to 240 hours
- 12 (Floating) Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Highly Competitive Salary
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic.
Sigma Defense [SOLUTE]