AgWorks Software, a division of McGregor Technologies, is a small software development and consulting firm in Davenport, Iowa that builds software tools for the agricultural market. Our tools encompass a broad range within agronomy including features such as operations and compliance, data analytics, work order management, and GIS mapping. McGregor Technologies, as part of The McGregor Company, provides the technology industry with trusted leadership in agronomy applications, technology consulting, and custom development. We have been our customers’ trusted advisor for more than 30 years. Our focus on personal relationships with our customers has enabled us to provide them with a truly unique experience that our competitors struggle to match. We are excited to offer the right candidate a competitive compensation and benefits package along with a very stable culture of success!
As a Software Developer at AgWorks you would work within a team of creative and skilled peers who construct solutions and features for our customers. You would be required to work with our stakeholders and business analysts to understand project requirements, and then translate those requirements into technical architecture working with the team of through our iterative agile process.
Members of our development team have a wide range of skills and work on a variety of projects. From your technical architecture toolbox, you may need to craft solutions using C#, Angular, ExtJS, PHP, Node.js, SQL Azure, SQL Server, AWS Redshift, AWS Aurora (PostreSQL), Microsoft Azure, and Amazon Web Services cloud platforms. You will work closely with our Technology Manager and will report directly to the Director of Operations.
The right teammate should possess many of the following skills/experiences:
- Development life cycle experience
- Experience in relational databases, software as a service (SaaS) systems, cloud computing, and/or systems integrations
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Strong understanding of Git and Gitflow branching methodology
- Proven experience with many of the following platforms, languages, libraries, and systems:
- Familiarity with the process of estimating tasks and working within an agile process
- Ability to follow and debug serverless software (CloudWatch, local Lambda development and debugging)
If you like working with a small but growing and talented team in an agile environment, and love to architect technical solutions, please apply today!
Dental, Vision, Medical, Life Insurance, 401(k), Profit Sharing
Powered by JazzHR