Software Developer and Team Lead
Are you looking for an opportunity to lead, build, and deliver next-generation applications? As a lead developer, you can solve a problem with a complete end-to-end solution in a fast-paced, agile environment. We’re looking for a developer with the skills needed to build cutting-edge solutions from vision to production-ready systems.
This role is more than just coding. We need an experienced full-stack developer who will use their passion to guide a development team to learn new tools and techniques, identify and implement system improvements, and mentor teammates. Using Agile methodologies, modern languages and frameworks, cloud technologies, and microservice-based approaches, you’ll work with the development team to build innovative, complex systems. You’ll analyze the needs and the environment to make sure the solution you’re developing considers the current architecture and operating environment, as well as future functionality and enhancements.
The ideal candidate will be motivated to mentor others and can adapt to the pace of the program as needed. Some team members will require higher levels of interaction than others, and the ability to recognize and adjust the pace of the course to keep all team members in a position to succeed is critical.
The candidate must be willing to provide their guidance and experience in the goal of building a “better” team and to give our new team members a positive first engagement with software development with Booz Allen. We will strive to create small teams of software developers who are as readied as we can prepare them for the trial of software delivery within a project. This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., to include the District of Columbia.
Join us as we build systems to change the World.
· 8+ years of experience with back-end technologies, including Java, Go, Node.JS, Python, or Ruby, and front-end technologies, including React, Angular, or Vue.js
· 5+ years of experience with Linux, Shell scripting, Python or Bash scripting, and RESTful APIs
· 3+ years of experience working in a cloud environment, including AWS, GCP, or Azure
· Knowledge of software version control systems, including Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, Jira, and Confluence
· Knowledge of application design and development, back-end database architectures, relational or cloud-based, and full life cycle software development
· Ability to work with a relational database or NoSQL database
· Bachelor’s degree
Nice If You Have:
· Knowledge of SDLCs, including Agile and Scrum software development methodologies
· Ability to create DevOps processes, including CI/CD pipelines
· Ability to work under tight and demanding deadlines and giving our new team members a space in which to learn and form as a team is important for our continued success in software delivery to our clients
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.
Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $93,400.00 to $212,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.
Booz Allen Hamilton